Associate Corporate Auditor
Company: Blue Care Network of Michigan
Posted on: May 24, 2020
This position is responsible for conducting operational,
financial, and compliance audits/reviews of BCBSM, its subsidiaries
as well as vendors, suppliers, Par Plans and contractors of the
- Conduct audits/reviews of BCBSM, its subsidiaries, vendors,
suppliers, Par Plans and contractors of the company which include
identifying risks and controls to mitigate risks, testing of
controls, writing audit reports and conducting exit conference
- Conduct various audit and administrative projects on behalf of
the corporation to assess the control environment of each audit
unit under minimal supervision within assigned time and budget
- Leads and/or participates in divisional or departmental
infrastructure projects per year. Communicate the results of audits
and/or projects to management (includes senior management) or Par
Plans and subsidiaries.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehensive understanding of auditing
principles, processes, methodologies (applicable to BCBSM, BCN,
DenteMax, other Blues Plans and similar institutions), standards
for the professional practice of internal auditing and code of
ethics (developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, the
Information Systems Audit and Control Association and the Project
Management Institute) statistical theory and application, BCBSM
policies and procedures, group and provider contracts, risk
management, and project management.
- Educate BCBSM employees and management about internal controls
and encourage change that promotes an effective and efficient
- Educate BCBSM project staff in BCBSM's business risk management
standards, and in particular, train the project staff in business
risk management responsibilities and the implementation and
application of a project risk control process.
- Conduct management action planning workshops to discuss
business risks, prioritize control issues and develop corrective
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration
or closely related field required. Advanced degree
- Four (4) years related work experience required, which includes
two (2) years of auditing experience.
- Basic project management and operational/compliance auditing
- CCSA, CFE, CIA, CISA, CM, CMA, CPA, PMP, RN certifications
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, conflict
resolution, time management, verbal and written skills are
- High level of proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite,
fax, copiers, and printers.
- Proficiency in use of audit software tools (i.e., automated
work papers, ACL, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Ability to effectively interface with operating management at
all levels, executive management of BCBSM, BCN, and DenteMax, other
Blues Plans and our external auditor (Deloitte and
- Must be able to travel to various BCBSM and subsidiary
locations around the State, BCBSA (Chicago), other Blues Plans and
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to
perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
Keywords: Blue Care Network of Michigan, Detroit , Associate Corporate Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!