Finance Processes and Systems Director -
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Finance Processes and Systems Director - DetroitIn this critical
finance function role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, you
will lead the design, implementation, and sustainability of the
global financial processes and collaborate with our technology team
to realize them within our core systems. In addition, you will
drive the Transformation of our Finance processes and systems. To
accomplish this, you will partner with the IT Business Relationship
Manager and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external
sources to identify and satisfy the current and future financial
system demands of our fast-paced, high-growth firm.
The Finance Processes and Systems Director position is a full-time
role located in Southfield, MI and reports to the Corporate
Controller. Relocation consideration may be available for this
- Partner with the IT Corporate Applications office and others to
design the new processes, select systems and define their
requirements to support our growth and simplify our processes.
- Develop the financial systems strategy and roadmap to ensure
dynamic, scalable, and sustainable solutions.
- Lead the business-side implementation of projects in
partnership with Technology in line with the transformation plan
and key business as usual initiatives. Provide, evaluate, and
prioritize business requirements and ensure collaboration with
Technology to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Identify and drive initiatives to further leverage financial
systems, streamline process flows, and craft systematic methods for
efficient data analysis and processing, reporting, and analysis of
past history, current positions, and predictive future
- Ensure overall stability of system infrastructure including
development of change management protocols, improvements to
metadata creation and maintenance procedures, and system access
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or finance;
additional degree in information systems is strongly
- 10+ years of diverse accounting, finance, and information
systems experience required.
- Expertise in implementing financial systems, project
management, and process improvement methodologies.
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred.
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to
work in a fast-paced environment with poise and
- Independent worker with exceptional interpersonal skills and a
sense of urgency in a complex and changing working environment. The
ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, critical thinker who
possesses a real passion for helping others, is a high-energy
standout colleague and adaptive in dynamic and changing situations
with the ability to build strong relationships and networks with
individuals at all levels.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with and promote and abide by all Firm values
as defined by the AlixPartners' Code of Conduct and in terms of
Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in a dynamic office environment;
physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a
computer screen for significant portions of the workday
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive
listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that
specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most
complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive
compensation package including an excellent benefit program
(health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status
as a protected veteran, or disability.AlixPartners is a proud
Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
Keywords: AlixPartners, Detroit , Finance Processes and Systems Director -, Accounting, Auditing , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!