Quality Auditor (Warehouse) 2nd Shift
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities,
our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This
position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting,
interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are
committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates,
and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include
increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are
required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more
about our company approach on our main company career page
Employees in this position audit outbound selector pallets for
quality and accuracy. This ensures that product reaches our stores
in good condition and is correct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to randomly select pallets for audit as this is not
- Responsible to audit at least 10% of all pallets per
- If pallet is large auditor will use an electric pallet jack to
move the pallet to a designated safe zone for audit.
- If small enough to be done quickly it will be done in
- Use scanner to ascertain items and quantities that should be on
pallet and match items to check for accuracy, damage, that labels
are facing out, and that correct stacking methods were used.
Coordinate with Dock Supervisor and / or order selector to make
corrections to pallets.
- Auditor will correct where selector is not available.
- Fill out an error worksheet for any corrections that must be
made to be used for possible disciplinary action. Help conduct
audit of one full load per shift.
- Place sticker after audit is complete with the time, date and
Operator ID of the Auditor.
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using
hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions
- Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WIN and
other internal systems
- Must obtain and be able to use handheld computer/scanners
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
- Must be able to successfully communicate with order selectors,
loaders and supervisors.
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with
others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible,
excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific
location required, complete Penske employment application, submit
to a background investigation (to include past employment,
education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must
be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Detroit , Quality Auditor (Warehouse) 2nd Shift, Accounting, Auditing , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!