Company: City of Birmingham, Michigan
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The City of Birmingham, MI (EOE) is seeking qualified candidates
for the position of Accounting Administrator. Under the supervision
of the Assistant Finance Director, this position provides technical
services in the areas of Accounting administration.
Work is of a professional nature and involves administrative and
accounting duties related to the coordination of City procurement,
accounts payable and accounting activities requiring a high level
of detail and accuracy. Work requires independent judgment,
initiative and discretion based on a knowledge of administrative
policies and procedures in the performance of daily activities.
Must oversee Accounts Payable functions, and related
responsibilities classified as confidential and sensitive. Performs
related duties and completes general municipal special projects as
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience performing
administrative/accounting duties in a municipal or similar
- Knowledge of accounts payable, purchasing, and general
accounting principles and practices.
- Applicants must have the ability to work under general policy
direction, and work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
well-developed PC skills are required.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be
Keywords: City of Birmingham, Michigan, Detroit , Accounting Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Birmingham, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!