Principal Software Engineer
Company: Acuren Group Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in
building successful customer-facing products and systems; you're
comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have
exquisite attention to detail; and you're comfortable learning new
technologies and systems. You have a strong background and passion
in building successful full stack systems, services and APIs that
deliver impactful products to customers. You are comfortable in
dealing with change. You love to take initiative and have a bias
towards action. Job Responsibilities
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code.
Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems
architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar
for Ally as a whole.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant
services and systems
- Make significant hands-on contributions to deliver critical
projects and bring value to customers
- Lead by example to uphold high engineering standards, and
elevate quality and engineering efficiency across Ally
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including
dependent engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and
- A strong technical background, including software delivery
experience as a generalist working on backend processing, and
anything it takes to solve problems and delight users. We work
mostly with Java, Spring Boot, Apigee, MS SQL, REST, MongoDB,
DynamoDB, Kinesis, AWS S3, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, Gitlab, and DevOps
including Jenkins, Terraform, and Helm.
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an
obsessive user focus
- 5+ years' experience running software on public cloud platforms
and developing applications with cloud services
- 5+ years' experience in successful delivery of high-quality,
scalable production services and systems
- 5+ years' experience in test driven development and deployment
through Agile and DevOps methodology, mindset and best
- Hands-on experience with automation including test automation,
IaC, and automated releases/rollbacks
- Experience building and contributing to CI/CD platform and
processes using GitLab
- Experience with serverless development and operations
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different
stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with
different expertise Ally Overview Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY)
is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S.
financial holding company offering financial products for
consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients.
Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in
2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless
focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank
(member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance
operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance
business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage
platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital
for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.-- Business
Unit/Enterprise Function Ally's Information Technology (IT)
organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of
our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective,
innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions
that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial
enterprise.IT is also responsible for the administration and
execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk
management. Total Rewards Information Ally's compensation program
offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance
incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals.
But Ally's total compensation -- or total rewards -- extends beyond
your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal
and professional life, including:
- Time Away : competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off,
including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: --benefits to help you plan for the
near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement
savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan
and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and
other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: --flexible health and
insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health
Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being
program that helps you and family stay on track physically,
socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: --adoption, surrogacy and fertility support
as well as benefits that help you take care of your family --
parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day
care program and child-care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration:-- other benefits including LifeMatters--
Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight
Watchers-- program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer We extend equal employment
opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal
basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military
or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason
protected by law.
Keywords: Acuren Group Inc, Detroit , Principal Software Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!