State & Local Government - Senior Consultant
Company: Guidehouse Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
State & Local Government - Senior Consultant
- Client Services
- 13299 Job Description Overview
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to
the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in
management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients
address their toughest challenges and navigate significant
regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change,
business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a
range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services,
we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients
for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000
professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a
Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals
with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging
technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national
and global economies. For more information, please visit:
Supporting delivery teams on high-impact State & Local Government
client engagements. Candidate will focus primarily on providing
exceptional consulting professional services delivery but is also
expected to assist in various business development activities to
grow the business. -- Financial Analysis and Models -- Management
consulting -- Communication and presentation of recommendations and
- Senior Consultant with 3 -4 years financial consulting or
- Must have 1 year public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or similar
- Interest and passion for the role of government and
responsibilities of the public sector.
- Ability to travel, at times outside the home state.
- Ability to define, execute, and manage multiple tasks within a
workstream, primarily focused on finance/accounting, as part of
- Proficiency in core management consulting and financial
- Baseline assessments and secondary research.
- Stakeholder interviews.
- Business modelling and analysis.
- Hypothesizing solutions frameworks.
- Synthesizing multiple inputs into coherent insights.
- Financial analysis and use of large data sets.
- Competency of accounting procedures and general ledger
- Competencies include:
- Critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Solid verbal communication and narrative development skills,
with the ability to summarize and convey key insights from analyses
to senior audiences.
- High degree of comfort working in unstructured situations and
ability to maintain poise, maturity and work well under
- Ability to be self-directed and responsive.
- Collegial team player who can work within a small, motivated
team of diverse consulting professionals.
- Understanding of financial analysis applications such as Excel,
SAS, or other tools. Preferred:
- CPA, MBA or master's degree in finance or accounting
- Strong numerical reasoning and quantitative skills,
particularly building complex Excel models.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of
success with key facets of state and local government, including
economic development, education, sustainability, transportation,
- Big 4 Public Accounting Experience Preferred
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
About Guidehouse Guidehouse--is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
regulation. Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair
Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco. If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact-- Guidehouse-- Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via
email at-- RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information
you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the
extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee. Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse--offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
workplace. Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Keywords: Guidehouse Inc., Detroit , State & Local Government - Senior Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!