Company: Jefferson Wells - a ManpowerGroup Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant. This position will
work closely with Plant Managers and Auditors, as well as hold
responsibilities for the general ledger and monthly close with
consistent accuracy. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate and review monthly financial statements for both
corporate and marketing funds.
- Develop, generate, and manage timely accounting reports.
- Monitor general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable
and other records.
- Lead the month-end close process by preparing and posting
journal entries, reviewing work of other team members and analyzing
assigned accounts within deadlines.
- Analyze accounts receivable and prepare spreadsheet each month
for Finance & Admin and Operations use.
- Manage fixed assets & intangibles, including additions,
disposals and booking monthly depreciation and amortization.
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts monthly
to ensure balances are accurate.
- Prepare and file sales/use tax reports in several states and
Canada within deadlines.
- Learn and become proficient in Prophix; assist Financial
Analyst in creating and running monthly financial reports.
- Assist in annual audit by preparing audit schedules and working
directly with our auditors as needed.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with 5+ years of equivalent
accounting experience; CPA a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles including GAAP.
- Excellent experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word).
- Strong attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional conduct.At Jefferson Wells, we've built a
reputation for results-driven, innovative workforce solutions that
help companies create competitive advantage. From basic to complex,
we custom tailor our services to fit our clients' needs from
interim and permanent professional talent resourcing to complete
project solutions in the areas of risk & compliance, tax, finance &
accounting and business optimization. Our professionals provide
specialized industry and technical experience and expertise to our
clients, enabling them to accelerate their business performance. We
serve clients, including Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies,
from offices worldwide leveraging the workforce capabilities of the
ManpowerGroup. Jefferson Wells is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Jefferson Wells - a ManpowerGroup Company, Detroit , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!