Company: Testek Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Established in 1969, Testek Solutions is the leader in Aerospace
and Aircraft Component Test Equipment. Testek is a small company
with approximately 170 team members with it's headquarters located
in Wixom, Michigan. We pride ourselves in a family-like work
environment that includes a diverse team of talented and
enthusiastic people.Testek designs, manufactures, supports and
services diversified products including custom test
equipment/products and standard test equipment/products. Our
wide-ranging capability includes simple manual to complex automatic
machinery. Testek offers innovative and competitive solutions to
various sectors including aerospace, aircraft, and industrial. We
invite you to explore our website at for more information about our
company and our products.Currently Testek Solutions is seeking an
Assistant Controller to join our team.The Assistant Controller
supports the Controller in the direct supervision of the day-to-day
general accounting functions and coordination month end closing
process, and daily/weekly monthly financial reporting. Assists in
the development of financial plans and forecasts, and the analysis
of operational results. They will supervise the payroll/AR
specialist, and provide needful guidance to AP specialist. This
role is a key partner to managers and project managers throughout
the organization. Specific Responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of Percentage-of-Completion (POC)
schedules and Calculations for accurate monthly revenue
- Calculation of Monthly internal rates.
- Creation of Monthly Job cost labor entry.
- Posting of month-end close AJEs.
- Creation of key account reconciliations monthly.
- Creation of first-draft financial statements for period
- Daily/Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Oversee Payroll function & payroll back up as needed.
- Review and posting of payroll entry.
- Inventory tracking.
- Capital Lease tracking.
- Maintain of fixed asset schedules.
- Creation of weekly revenue forecast.
- Participate as key member of Epicor ERP implementation
- Provide reporting and analysis to the organization as
- Assist in year-end tax and audit work as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the Controller. Qualifications
- BA or BS in Accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred, but not required
- 2-3 years' experience in public accounting
- 2-3 years' experience in a manufacturing firm, preferably in
engineer-to-order POC based environment where they managed (or were
highly involved) in month-end-close procedures.
- Advanced Excel (vlookup, pivot table, macros)
- Payroll oversite or administration
- ERP implementation experience preferred, but not required
- Epicor ERP experience highly desired, but not required
Keywords: Testek Inc, Detroit , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Wixom, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!