Cost Analyst Intermediate
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Zobility, an RGBSI brand, is proud to be the primary partner to
top companies in the mobility, high-technology, automotive,
aerospace & defense, media & entertainment, energy, and finance
industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are
looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with
these leading companies.
- The Assembly Cost & Inventory Manager is responsible for
providing accounting guidance and support for various complex
assembly inventory and variance accounting issues.
- This position is specifically responsible for:
- Managing a staff of third party professional employees, both on
shore and off shore
- Deciding on questions relating to the reconciliation of
inventory balances and the categorization of production variances
including from standard by type
- Participating in the establishment and review of productive
standards for material, labor and burden each time new standards
are established (usually annually)
- Monitoring the activities of production control during physical
inventories of assembly plants roughly taken once every two
- Designing and reviewing all non-inventory and assembly
inventory manual journal entries prepared by office and plant
staffs following the policies and procedures.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts involved in accordance with
established policies and procedures for such
- Tracking of compliance and internal control design
- Active involvement in the preparation of financial
- The leadership nature of the positions requires interactions
with (1) senior manufacturing operations management, (2) senior
representatives from Finance, Tax, Production Control and
Purchasing, and (3) internal, external and auditors.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting with CPA
- Master's degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, including
public accounting or private industry accounting
- Knowledge of SAP structures and programs required
- Knowledge of IFRS structures and programs required
- Experience in audit, SOX, and internal controls
- Solid leadership experience managing projects, leading
cross-functional teams and accountability for getting things
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to
translate complex accounting processes to non-accounting business
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to on-demand
projects as they arise
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in working style to
effectively manage change
- Practical application and use of IFRS including demonstrated
ability to research and document technical accounting issues and
- knowledgeable of SAP, inventory systems, Accounts payable and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA. Master's degree in
Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, AD&D,
tuition reimbursement, and more. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success, let's talk.
Please visit to learn more.
Zobility is RGBSI's workforce management and staffing division.
RGBSI is a multi-national corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, and India.
Keywords: RGBSI, Detroit , Cost Analyst Intermediate, Accounting, Auditing , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...