Director - Surgical Services (RN)
Company: St. John Providence, MI
Posted on: June 14, 2018
Job ID: 251216 Director - Surgical Services (RN) Warren, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Dir-Surgical Services 4 City, State:-- Warren,MI Location:-- St John Macomb Hospital -34023 Department:---- Surgical Services Admin 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Rotating,--40 hours,Weekly About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Director - Surgical Services leads the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for Surgical Services. -- Responsibilities:
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates all clinical activities, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Ensures the appropriate development of team members and provides coaching to cultivate high performance teamwork. Evaluates the performance of designated management teams, and intervenes with individual members to optimize group performance.
- -------- Removes obstacles to achieving clinical quality, service excellence and financial effectiveness targets. Takes action to integrate care delivery and operational processes across operating units, within and outside the Surgical Services Division, to reduce rework, error and inefficiency.
- Utilizes tools, auditing processes, educational programs, and decision making bodies to ensure a continuous state of regulatory and accreditation readiness. Assures compliance with all certification agency regulations including but not limited to TJC, CMS, AOA, NRC, FDA and OSHA.
- ---------- Identifies trends in medical practice patterns, and the potential for new physician recruitment. Monitors physician issues, and takes action to analyze and address physician preferences. Serves as a liaison from administration to the medical staff practice committees and governance bodies.
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by the State of Michigan Board of Nursing required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Education:
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred Work Experience:
- 5 years of experience in management required. Surgical Services Experience highly recommended.-- OR Experience Preferred.-- CNOR Certification required within One-Year of Hire Date. How To Apply -- Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. John Providence, MI, Detroit, Director - Surgical Services (RN), Accounting, Auditing, Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!