Secretary (Office Automation) 12 Month Roster
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Posted on: May 27, 2023
WHAT IS THE LBI - LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONALDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Large Business and International Pass Thru Entities, any team under the Director PTE
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Receives telephone calls and visitors, determines the nature of business, gives routine and non-routine
information, answers questions in accordance with Service policies and operations or directs calls and
visitors to appropriate person or subordinate office.
* Receives and controls mail and suspense items, routing them directly to the appropriate person or
subordinate office for action, follows up on outstanding controls and assembles background information
before routing mail to the supervisor.
* Prepares and types a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions, requests for personnel actions
and legal documents, using an electronic typewriter, word processor, or personal computer. Reviews
outgoing correspondence for proper format, conformance with procedural instructions, grammar,
punctuation, spelling and necessary attachments.
* Organizes and maintains files and records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials. Keeps master
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-05 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: providing telephone and receptionist services; Maintaining records; Requisitioning office supplies; Filing material and maintaining office filing system; Receiving and controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports for format, grammar, and punctuation; Writing simple or repetitive, non technical correspondence such as letters of acknowledgment; Scheduling appointments and preparing notes regarding topics to be discussed.
You must meet the following special requirement: Applicants must be a qualified typist with a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute (based on a 5-minute sample with three or fewer errors). Applicants may meet these requirements by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue such certificates by the Office of Personnel Management local office, or by self-certifying their proficiency. Performance test results and certificates of proficiency are acceptable for three years. We may verify proficiency skills of self-certified applicants by administering the appropriate performance test.
EDUCATION: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a bachelors degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non -bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement, 10/16/2023. The announcement will be used to fill an anticipated 12 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered 12/23/2022,4/17/2023,7/17/2023,10/16/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date or the final selection date.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Detroit , Secretary (Office Automation) 12 Month Roster, Administration, Clerical , Detroit, Michigan
here to apply!