Company: Kelly Services
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Coordinator of Church Office and Communications
Part Time Working 27 hours a week - a bit flexible with
$16.00 - $18.00/hour
A friendly congregation is seeking a Coordinator of Church Office
and Communications with a hospitable and Christian manner to:
- Provides administrative support to the Pastor and Church
Council Executive Team and manages all aspects of church
communications and documentation.
- Has advanced knowledge of operation and usage of computer
equipment and software programs (Windows; MS Office: Word, Excel,
Power Point and Publisher; Office 360 - Microsoft Office Product
Certifications preferred but willing to train.)
- Handles personal information of members and staff
confidentially never discussing or disclosing it to others and
keeping all documents, paper and electronic, secured.
- Coordinates with Financial Secretary to ensure giving
information is accurately managed.
- Maintains and updates records of baptisms, confirmations,
weddings, and funerals of members and non-members; prepares
official certificates for such events.
- Coordinates with the Church Council the rental use of church
facilities and collect payments.
Communicates space preparation needs for any events to appropriate
- Maintains and updates electronic records of church membership,
worship attendance, mailing lists (U.S. mail and email), contact
information, etc. using church management system (e.g. Church 360),
Creates and provides reports as requested.
- Seeks assistance from office volunteers as needed. Organizes,
delegates, supervises, and prioritizes work assignments for those
With a creative and aesthetic eye for all printed material,
prepares and produces:
- Seasonal worship bulletins
- Weekly information pages
- Worship leader guides and materials for worship servers and
- Funeral, wedding and other special worship bulletins
- Maintains and secures copyright permissions for worship
presentations and other printed materials.
- Creates and distributes important church news (e.g. quarterly
in-home newsletters, weekly e-News, death notices, special messages
from Pastor or Church Council) by electronic or U.S. mail
correspondence in collaboration with the Pastor and Church
- Updates the church website, monitors, posts, and maintains
information on church social media sites (e.g. Facebook and
Instagram) as well as updates church electronic sign
- Maintains and updates church calendar (digital and hard copy),
makes changes in schedule as needed and resolves schedule conflicts
by communicating directly with the persons involved.
- Effectively and creatively communicates, in writing and
verbally. Must have a strong knowledge of English grammar, spelling
and sentence structure and ably apply this knowledge to all forms
- Utilizes various online applications and tools to aid in
Seeks solutions and demonstrates the ability to solve task-related
Manages contacts and agreements, maintenance/updates or training
with vendors including, but not limited to:
- Church Management Systems (CMS)
- Computer and network support
- Copier/printer support
- Internet service provider
- Custodial services
- Miscellaneous duties
Why Kelly®?At Kelly
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly
annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make
one career connection today, connect
Kelly Services®As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are
proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with
work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not
limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Detroit , Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!