Teacher - Music
Company: THE LEONA GROUP LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Provide high-quality instruction to students and work
collaboratively with the school leader, colleagues, students,
parents and the board to accomplish or surpass the academy's
articulated educational goals. Work as a collaborative team member
to implement the academy curriculum and accomplish short- and
long-term academic goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning;
develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure;
enforce the academy's student discipline code; collaborate in the
implementation of initiatives such as school-wide behavior
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs and
goals of students; establish clear objectives for all lessons and
units; ensure that lessons - as planned, delivered, and assessed -
are aligned with state curriculum and school-wide curriculum
- Develop lesson plans and submit them for review and feedback as
scheduled; work cooperatively with the academy's instructional
coach to learn from feedback and improve the quality of
instruction. Participate in ongoing analysis and
- planning to ensure that the school's curriculum remains aligned
to state standards.
- Collaborate with special education staff to implement, to the
greatest extent possible, an inclusive approach to students with
special needs. Remain aware of student needs; participate in child
study teams or individualized education planning; implement
accommodations and modifications as indicated in student IEP's;
seek advice and counsel from student support services areas when
needed to ensure that all students are fully served.
- Collaborate with other staff, as necessary, to implement
grant-funded programming to accelerate learning for students with a
variety of needs including special education, at-risk, limited
English proficient students and others, to bring them to grade
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required; maintain
the confidentiality of student records and student information.
Complete any documentation necessary for the academy to be in
compliance with regulatory requirements, such as time and effort
- Communicate with parents and make provisions for being
available outside normal hours; work with parents to encourage
participation in their child's learning experiences; provide
regular communication to parents regarding their children's
- Maintain professional competence via conferences, mentoring,
involvement in professional organizations, continuing coursework,
etc. Complete all coursework and other requirements necessary to
maintain teaching credentials and "highly qualified" status, as
required by the teacher's assignment.
- Inform the school leader of needed instructional resources.
Serve as an active member of teams such as grade-level, school-wide
planning, school improvement or other areas of focus.
- May participate in extracurricular activities such as coaching,
clubs, student government, tutoring, enrichment activities,
- Other duties as assigned.
- State teacher licensure/certification with appropriate
- Bachelor's degree with subject area emphasis and/or coursework
and/or experience necessary to be deemed "highly qualified" for the
grade/subjects to be taught. (Will consider non-certified
applicants with a degree in the subject area to be taught; would be
required to complete a plan of action to become "highly qualified"
within a prescribed period of time.)
- Demonstrated commitment to young people's learning success and
- Demonstrated proficiency in a teaching/tutoring capacity as
acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or other
education-related experience; evidence of successful experience in
student and parent relations.
Keywords: THE LEONA GROUP LLC, Detroit , Teacher - Music, Education / Teaching , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!