Lead Front Desk Agent (\"Agente Principal de Recepci-n\")
Company: Azul Hospitality
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney - Detroit, MI
Admin - Clerical
The Lead Front Desk Agent creates an experience for our hotel
guests by offering them a larger than home experience with
welcoming, helpful, and exceptional service, while maintaining a
clean, comfortable, and inviting environment.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Demonstrate attributes of a great Host by being aware and
attentive to our guest's needs.
- Train of all-new Front Desk Agents.
- Conduct huddles to ensure clear communication of the days
events to all Front Desk Agents.
- Conduct property tours for new hires and clients as necessary
to assist the Sales department.
- Oversee group reservations to ensure that they are pre-assigned
- Assist housekeeping daily with due-outs.
- Walkthrough of public areas and kitchen with follow-up
report/checklist to management.
- Responsible for overseeing proper meeting room set up/tear down
for internal and external clients.
- Act as Person In Charge (PIC) in the absence of
- Inventory control of Hotel Host Stand supplies and kitchen
- City Ledger follow-up notices.
- Expedia/hotels.com billing.
- Execute the registration and checkout process at the front
- Accept payment for guests accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a
deposit and accurate reports of receipts daily. Cash checks and
exchange currency for guests.
- Accurately handle cash transactions and balance a cash drawer
to the given amount.
- Acknowledge rewards members and returning guests.
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities, and
telling them about ways to improve their stay.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Review current days arrival reports. Check all special request
reservations to ensure that the room is blocked per request, VIPs
identified, billing is set up correctly, deposits are taken, and
other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel
- Ensure awareness of special promotions, daily activities,
arriving VIPs, Group/Conferences in house, special requests, and
- Practice safe work habits and ensure safe work practices to
avoid injury to self and others.
- Ensure all privacy and security protocols are followed as well
as departmental and company procedures.
- Answer all calls promptly correctly transfer all calls to
- Confer and cooperate with other departments to ensure
coordination of guest needs. Logging of all guest requests and room
defects in the appropriate system. Follow up with guest after the
completion of requests and repairing of any defects to ensure
resolution to their satisfaction.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services,
registration, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and
facilities. Along with a general knowledge of the city where the
hotel is located and its attractions.
- Maintain lobby cleanliness and organization.
- Assist in booking reservations.
- Assist with handling mail, packages, facsimiles, and guest
- All other duties assigned by manager or supervisor. SUPPORTIVE
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
indirect supervisors. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch-tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly, and other office equipment as needed.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type,
and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and
hands as well. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact,
and diplomacy, and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic functions of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, PBX, Key system, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with strong attention to detail. EDUCATION
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors Degree
- Front Desk experience required.
- Experience in the Hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledgeable of loyalty programs, brand standards and
hospitality industry systems preferred. LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: Azul Hospitality, Detroit , Lead Front Desk Agent (\"Agente Principal de Recepci-n\"), Education / Teaching , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...