Maintenance Technician (Regular-Full Time)
Company: Sun Communities
Location: Flat Rock
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance
professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization
that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a
Maintenance Technician to provide a full range of maintenance and
repair services for one of our manufactured housing communities.
Help us to make our community the kind of place that residents are
proud to call home.
Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative
maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun's
communities. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are
responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds,
facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems.
Maintenance Technicians provide excellent customer service to
prospective and current residents at all times.
- Ensure community is presentable, inviting, and adheres to Sun's
curb appeal standards at all times.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly
treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, trim
shrubs and hedges, and performs other lawn care services as
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and
- Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Complete minor repairs to rental homes and facilities as
- Clean building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices,
restrooms, laundry areas, and maintenance garage.
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of
trash and debris.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of community or sites
prior to and after resident occupancy.
- Assist manager with supervision of service
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other
recreational amenities to ensure proper operation, where
- Remove snow from community streets, parking lots, building
entrances and other areas, where applicable.
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a
well-water system, sewer system, or on-site water meters, if
applicable. May include reading, repairing, and installing water
- Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts
appropriately, where applicable.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including
safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Maintenance Technician, you must be hard-working, reliable and
focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must be
highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general
maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions
require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver's license
- Prior snow removal experience, including operating a snow plow,
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power
equipment and commercial machinery
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with email and
- Availability to respond to community needs during non-business
hours (may be required to be on-call)
Keywords: Sun Communities, Detroit , Maintenance Technician (Regular-Full Time), Engineering , Flat Rock, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!