Wire Harness Design Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description:Aerotek Engineering is hiring for Electrical Wire
Harness Engineers that will be responsible for designing new, High
& Low voltage electrical distribution systems for an Electrical
Vehicle OEM. Job Summary
- (EDS) products and makes improvements to existing
- Evaluates products and processes for cost efficiency and
- Works with other members to ensure that production is completed
in a timely manner.
- Ensures that products, processes, and documentation conform to
specifications and customer requirements.Responsibilities
- Design electrical distribution system (EDS) products to meet
all customer requirements and internal design standards,
- including high voltage wiring and smart junction boxes.
- Generates a Bill of Material (BOM) and prints for product
- Coordinates with Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to assess
product and processing costs and ensure that program
- cost targets are achieved.
- Coordinates 3D designs to package components and
- create schematics - has full design responsibility.
- Define retention, convolute, tapes.
- Provides proposals on cost/weight reduction to enhance
- Coordinates all program status review meetings, design review
meetings, and harness trial builds with customer, manufacturing,
- Attends customer meetings and build events.
- Maintains a program open issues list to track all issues (i.e.,
design, system, manufacturing, purchasing, and customer) which are
related to the program.
- Reviews the open issues list with the customer, manufacturing,
- Coordinates program timing, PPAP, and master sample
- Supports future business opportunities by working closely with
the Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing
groups.Skills:Communication, presentation skills, interpersonal
skills, high emotional intelligence, team player.Top Skills
- Wire Harness Design experience 7+ years
- CAD-CATIA experience Additional Skills & Qualifications:Travel:
- Will be expected to travel to customer plants 40% travel.Salary
- $70,000-$100,000/year About Aerotek:We know that a company's
success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Detroit , Wire Harness Design Engineer, Engineering , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!