Seat Soft Trim Design Release Engineer
Company: Talascend, LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Talascend is seeking an experienced Design Release Engineer for
automotive Seat Soft Trim/Cover for a long-term contract role with
our client in Warren, MI. The successful Seat Soft Trim Design
Release Engineer (DRE) will be expected to define the requirements,
and take responsibility for the design, development, and launch of
the Seat Soft Trim/Cover components produced by our client's
suppliers. More specifically, the responsibilities of this role
- Product design release, development and integration of seat
components through vehicle launch.--
- Works cross-functionally and with subject matter teams to
develop SOR for Trim covers, Fabric Rolled Goods, Vinyl rolled
goods, and Leather commodities
- Supports/leads design and technical reviews for seating trim
covers and trim materials within the Seating Systems and Trim
- Develops, refines, and finalizes criteria and typical sections
using math data
- Works with Design team on program specific trim interphases to
Plastics, Foam and Structure. Negotiates and reaches agreement with
interfacing components, works with others to resolve issues.
- Develops and maintains database of approved execution methods
for seat trim integration to seating foam and seat frames.
- Leads/supports the Product Development Team (PDT) for seat trim
covers (e.g. timing, parts list, DFM, issue tracking)
- Performs appropriate studies/alternatives, and supports program
direction based upon cost, mass, timing, DFA, complexity and other
- Releases production design, on time, to meet commodity
- Conducts engineering and design reviews to ensure design intent
- Communicates information to and from internal and external
- Leads the launch of new vehicle programs with these plastic
seat components at the assembly plants and supplier facilities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must be experienced in
automotive seat fabric trim / cover development and textiles. The
successful candidate has a considerable amount of creativity and
initiative and the ability to apply good judgement throughout.
Additional requirements are:
- Extensive experience in Automotive seating trim cover design,
development and manufacturing experience which may include some/all
of the following: statistics, mechanics of materials, finite
element, vehicle/occupant packaging, seating comfort and integrated
- Knowledge of trim materials (rolled goods, leather hides) and
integrating seating trim to seat frame and foam.
- Prior experience working with automotive OEM's and Seat
suppliers in a JIT launch event.
- Knowledge of H-Point analysis, seat airbag deployment, seat
packaging, seating comfort requirements, industry seating
requirements and FMVSS regulations.
- Ability to use 3D math data and review designs utilizing
Teamcenter Vis Mock-up.
- Skilled using trim flattening software (NX/MasterTrim), trim
nesting software (Gerber/Optitex) and cost modeling tools
- Experience using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) for material
selection and design robustness as well as Shainin Red X
- Knowledge of pattern development, GD&T and DFMEA is
- Travel to suppliers and vehicle assembly plants, up to 5%.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.A. for any employer without
sponsorship now or in the future.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Associate degree in Textiles or Materials
Science (minimum requirement) Bachelor of Science in Engineering or
Textiles or Material Science preferred. We thank all applicants for
their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who
closely meet thequalifications of the position will be contacted.
The details of the position are only a summary, otherduties may be
assigned as necessary. Background Check and Drug Screen may be
required. Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits
and hires qualified candidates without regard to race,religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, disability, orveteran status.
Keywords: Talascend, LLC, Detroit , Seat Soft Trim Design Release Engineer, Engineering , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!