Field Service Engineer
Location: New Hudson
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Direct Hire Opportunity for a Field Service Engineer located in
Plymouth, MI Must have strong automotive transmission background
and experience in warranty. Some of the duties and responsibilities
of this position include:
- Supporting customer field staff including dealer technicians,
regional managers on technical information regarding function and
performance of products. This includes traveling to sites such as
assembly plants, dealers and other related customers per a
pre-determined schedule or as requested by the customer to perform
on vehicle analysis.
- Provide quality and technical support information to
Technical/Engineering teams within the OEM.
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing on continuous improvement
activities including setup of test equipment, tracking, and
interpreting data from test equipment. (OEM field data
- Prepare summary reports of data collected from the vehicle and
provide all information for review and analysis and continuous
- Investigate customer complaints regarding products on line
claims and field components.
- Support OEM hotline personnel with technical information on
- Set up and host meetings in order to provide technical service
history received for investigation to global team.
- Support Product Engineers on OE and Remanufactured automatic
- Maintain contact with customer field service experts and
provide technical expertise on root cause of failures as well as
continuous improvement. The ideal candidate must have the
- Mechanical Engineering or Technical Related Degree
- Engineering or automotive dealership experience helpful. 5 to 7
- Technical understanding of automatic transmission and vehicle
functions and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong planning, organizing, communication, and problem solving
- Must be able to operate independently.
- Ability to read engineering drawings preferred.
- Ability to travel with limited but reasonable notice
- Strong project management skills
- Familiar with software and vehicle test equipment.
- ASE certification a plus.
- Keep calibration records for test equipment up to date.
- Working knowledge of: NVH sound equipment, VIMS, CAN, DIAGRA,
CAL VIEW. Why Kelly -- ? Your engineering skills are in demand, but
how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly-- Engineering, our
experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn
and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills
sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and
flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something
more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream
engineering job. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking
about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working
to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate
for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they
allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Detroit , Field Service Engineer, Engineering , New Hudson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!