Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer - ECU
Company: American Axle and Manufacturing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.At AAM, we're
looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for
the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the
role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM
great. We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join
us!Job Posting TitleSenior Electronic Hardware Engineer - ECUJob
Description SummarySenior Electrical Engineer with experience
developing motor control ECUs for driveline systems such as Global
B architecture systems.Job Description
- Leads the project planning, design, development testing, and
release of new products and product enhancements.
- Projects are complex, requiring cross-disciplinary integration
and wide application of concepts.
- Design, debug, and analysis of discrete electronics and
embedded microprocessor-based controls
- Production launch (APQP) on existing new business development
- Conducting DV & PV testing, analyzing, and making
recommendations/changes based on results.
- Reviewing EMC results and PCB layout reviews for robust ECU
- Coordinating supplier activities through purchasing.
- Coordinating design development efforts with global teams for
global program support
- Leading engineers and technicians on specific projects.
- Creating and upkeep of documentation to support product launch
with DFMEA, PPAP, and other necessary documents.
- Develop objective evaluations for electronic / electrical
- Gathers and comprehends customer requirements by supporting the
team prior to and during customer interface meetings; researching
and recording historical and benchmark information regarding the
customer's need; creating and maintaining a record of potential
risks with the product design.
- Translates customer requirements into product specifications;
interfaces with customer representatives to ensure their desired
features and performance levels are properly comprehended in
- Compiles reports and completes documentation to track and
facilitate the product development process; obtains an approved
product number for the current product development cycle.
- Validates the design of new products or product enhancements by
completing various analyses such as stack-ups, DFMEA, Finite
Element Analysis, Design for Assembly/ Manufacturing studies, and
Noise, Vibration, and Harshness studies.
- Leads in various technical reviews throughout the product
development cycle; prepare technical presentations to various
- Establishes key product characteristics and develops a bill of
materials for an approved design.
- Compiles reports and completes documentation to track and
facilitate the product development process.
- Coordinates the testing and validation of product designs;
gains prototype and part approval.
- Attains final authorization, documentation, and release to
production of a new product or product enhancement design;
completes design drawings or other documentation; obtains drawing
approval and issuance of the notice of release; supports product
launch activities.Required Skills and Education
- 7+ years OEM / Tier One Automotive electronics hardware design,
including vehicle launch experience. -
- College degree with a major in Electrical Engineering is
required, advanced EE degree preferred.
- Experience working with customers and suppliers, experience
with GM Global B architecture is desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of circuit analysis utilizing
pSpice or equivalent tools.
- Knowledge of assembly language programming on
- Hands-on experience to construct and debug prototype hardware
including soldering and other prototyping techniques.
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems and driveline components.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and
- Knowledge of design, development, test engineering, and
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
About American Axle & ManufacturingFor over 20 years, customers
around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate
and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for
automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a
premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities
across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and
innovative solutions for our customers. We've earned the trust of
our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments
to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership. AAM
delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle
components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in
ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the
communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000
associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are
going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader
in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM.
Move with us, and join #TeamAAM. AAM will not discriminate against
any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race,
color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual
orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or
expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin,
or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates
are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age,
race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status,
sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity
or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national
origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled
Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified
disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request
assistance or accommodations, please e-mail
TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer.Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
-Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.?
Keywords: American Axle and Manufacturing, Detroit , Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer - ECU, Engineering , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!