Company: Ocado Engineering
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who We AreOcado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the
London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the
world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its
own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under
Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its
Ocado Solutions division.The Ocado Solutions division is
responsible for providing Ocado's innovative advanced robotics
technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major
retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's
physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient
warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with
the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and
advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery
business.Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is
set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the
world. We have partnered with Kroger to help it redefine the
grocery customer experience in the United States through the
adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing
provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.Come join us as we build our
North American team, bringing world-class innovation and
technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for
e-commerce.What You Will DoThe Controls Engineer will report
directly to the respective shift assigned Engineering Team Manager
with a dotted line to the Senior Controls Engineer. As a Controls
Engineer working within the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC), the
role will provide front line support to the Automation Control team
to ensure that control issues, including PLC code related issues
within our live operational systems, are investigated and resolved
as quickly as possible.The Controls Engineer day-to-day
- Where a hardware fault is identified, activate a pre-defined
workaround or make temporary modifications to PLC code to allow the
operation to continue.
- Work with the Automation Control team to diagnose and deploy
the required code fixes.
- Provide front line issues investigation of live production
control systems (hardware and software) including the use of
relevant diagnostic tools such as Profibus / Can Bus networks, Bar
- Carry out planned maintenance across the site.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve MHE
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a
safe standard.The Controls Engineer may be asked to perform tasks
as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job
description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not
an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role
responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The
responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ
from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as
assigned, might form part of the job.The initial 6 to 9 months will
involve training and most likely require some travel in order to
obtain the training from another site in the US and/or UK. In the
event the operations is undergoing its initial startup, the daily
responsibilities for this role may be different while supporting
the needs of a facility in its initial stages of starting its
operations. Once the facility is commissioned, the roles defined in
this job description will become the daily responsibilities for the
Controls Engineer.Who You AreTo qualify for this position, you must
meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related
discipline or advanced degree.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a controls technician,
preferably in an automation environment.
- Good technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to
automation hardware and software.
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and
field control devices.
- A good understanding of DC motor controls.
- Online code monitoring, modification and development with
Siemens S7 300/400 PLC's.
- Experience with SCADA and Siemens HMI systems.
- Experience in a warehouse, distribution, production or FMCG
- Understanding of Control System Communication Protocols such as
WCS and WMS systems.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem
solving ability and a practical approach.
- Experience of working with computerized maintenance management
- Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.This role
will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a
shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days,
nights and weekendsLocationThis position is based at the customer
fulfillment center in Romulus, MI.For a sense of who we are and
what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about
Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the
Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an
amazing career with us.What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn about our partnership with
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger's Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War
with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics
technologyOcado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability,
veteran's status, or any other classification as required by
Keywords: Ocado Engineering, Detroit , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!