Lead Quality Engineer - 3rd shift
Company: Yanfeng Automotive
Location: Highland Park
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This role is responsible for analyzing manufacturing processes
for improvements using various methods of testing and inspection,
driving quality improvements through problem solving, and ensure
products are manufactured in compliance with customer
specifications, safety standards and design specifications. The
Lead Quality Engineer may or may not have direct reports (either
exempt or non-exempt employees) and may meet the scope of Lab
Supervisor (if approved by management)ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead cross-functional team members supporting the customer
feedback/complaint handling process & corrective action
- Monitor product quality improvement to ensure execution of
actions including any resulting customer
- Interface directly with customers and internal groups.
- Develop realistic solutions to meet customer needs and solve
- Strong root cause/corrective action skills.
- Can influence and negotiate with people to resolve issues.
- Experience with problem solving tools (e.g., 8D, 5-whys, cause
and effect, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to lead in a fast-paced technical
environment, absorb technical information, review technical
information and make technical decisions.
- Execute risk and impact assessments.
- Leads risk assessments (Design and Manufacturing) and risk
mitigation plans during the product development cycle.
- Drive product and process changes to improve product
- Communicate recommendations and decisions across the
- Acts as a 'bridge' to transfer product design to production.
Actively engages in implementing lessons learned, best practices
during development phases, perform manufacturing readiness reviews
and follow through on any open risk items to closure.REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Area of Study: Preferably in Quality, Industrial of Mechanical
Engineering or equivalent work experience in Quality or Engineering
- Equivalent work experience may also be considered for certain
- 5-9 Years of Experience working in the field of Quality,
Engineering, CI, or similar.
- 3-5 Years of Experience within the automotive industry.
Keywords: Yanfeng Automotive, Detroit , Lead Quality Engineer - 3rd shift, Engineering , Highland Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!