Manufacturing Technician (Operator)
Company: Dana Incorporated
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Current Starting Base Wage = $18.002nd & 3rd Shifts earn an
additional $0.50 cents per hour for shift premium
GENERAL SUMMARY: Set-up, operate and maintain standard and complex
manufacturing processes consistent with approved engineering
standards and quality parameters. To be an active participant in
line/cell teams, contribute to the company's vision and goals,
while safely operating production equipment.
- 1. Operate equipment to accepted safety and production
standards to produce a top quality product.
- 2. Maintain clean and safe work area utilizing 5S methodologies
and in accordance with hazard assessment.
- 3. Actively participate in problem solving, continuous
improvement and teamwork activities.
- Support the training and development of new team members
- 4. Perform all functions according to the Quality operating
- 5. Maintain and verify all quality gaging, Poka-Yokes and
mistake proof devices in accordance with company policies and
- 6. Identify non-conforming material which includes
identification, tagging, logging and proper disposition.
- 7. Must be able to use hand gages, (micrometers, calipers, snap
gages and master gages).
- 8. Notify supervisor of issues, opportunities or problems.
- 9. Perform other duties as assigned by area supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 1. High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2. Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- 3. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and
verbal form, as required.
- 4. Must have a positive attitude.
- 5. Must be willing to assume responsibility and be accountable
for their actions.
- 6. Create and work in an environment of respect and
- 7. Must be mechanically inclined.
- 8. Must have the ability to be trained in skills required per
the training matrix.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Dana Incorporated, Detroit , Manufacturing Technician (Operator), Engineering , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!