Company: American Axle and Manufacturing
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. Our global team is made of
dreamers, doers and innovators who are bringing the future faster
by delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable
world. As a member of #TeamAAM, you'll get to make a difference on
day one. You'll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges,
build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day,
all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM---and the
world. Are you ready to bring the future faster? Join us!Job
Posting TitleQuality EngineerJob Description SummaryEnsures that
products being built and processes being used adhere to all
standards and requirements. Monitors engineering processes and
products for adherence to company and regulatory standards and
practices. Participates in quality improvement initiatives and
projects. Performs quality reviews and internal audits; evaluates
data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from
existing standards. Analyzes statistical data and product
specifications to determine standards and establish quality and
reliability objectives of the finished product. Recommends
modifications to existing quality or production standards to
achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.Job
- Recommends quality improvement parameters by identifying
statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Researches statistical confidence by identifying sample size
and acceptable error rate; determining levels of confidence.
- Analyzes quality data from plant processes or customer
- Provides feedback to customers based on quality projects (e.g.,
warranty, APQP, issues, etc.).
- Leads quality investigations and problem-solving. Completes 5Y
and 8D analysis or other problem resolution tools as required by
- Develops quality improvement experiments by applying full and
fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and
sequential sampling methods.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution,
and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares statistical information and reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contributes to quality engineering and organization success by
welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others
accomplish job results.
- Develop, implement and update Control Plans.
- Lead team on FMEA developments and updates.
- Be the voice of the customer to the facility, and the voice of
the plant on quality to the customer.
- All other duties as assigned.Required Skills and Education
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Applied Science. (B.S.
Preferred) or equivalent work experience in Quality
- Knowledge and experience of Plex and Advantage
- APQP experience
- PPAP experience
- Ford, GM, FCA systems and processes are not required, but
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is able to work effectively as both an individual and as part
of a teamAbout American Axle & ManufacturingAs a leading global
Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs,
engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies
to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles.
Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 80 facilities in 17 countries,
AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable
future. We work together to support our customers on global and
regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence
and technology leadership. With our global footprint, we are
committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that
encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our
diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM. AAM
will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for
employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight,
height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or
information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected
veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected
by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants
are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during
employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender,
religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation,
genetic history or information, gender identity or expression,
disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other
characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We
offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals
who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or
accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Unsolicited Resumes
from Third-Party Recruiters -Please note that as per AAM policy, we
do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters
unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a
specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that
submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that
AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion
without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or
Keywords: American Axle and Manufacturing, Detroit , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Oxford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!