Application Engineer II
Posted on: August 7, 2022
AVL is growing our service team in areas of new technology. We
are currently searching for an Application Engineer II in Michigan
with a background in electrification, testing or power electronics.
Come join a team with a passion for innovation.
AVL Test Systems Inc. is looking for an Application Engineer II to
commission test systems and integrate subsystems to meet complex
testing requirements with a focus on testing & application
development for ICE and E-Drive systems. In addition, they will
troubleshoot complex problems and develop solutions with
appropriate input. Qualified candidates must be able to take charge
of projects once on-site and drive to completion while working with
a Project Manager to manage cost and time estimates. Qualified
candidates must possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related
experience including electrification/electronics and software
experience. The Application Engineer II position has direct
communication with the customer and ownership of large complex test
systems; excellent customer service and communication skills.
*Travel for the position will be approximately 20 to 60%
Applicants must have the unrestricted authorization to work in the
United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an
applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with
- Commission test cells including:
- Set-up and troubleshoot test and measurement systems
- Implement and tune complex control loops
- Integrate auxiliary equipment into test systems
- Set-up monitoring and control of relevant safeties
- Create commissioning documentation
- Provide training on system applications.
- Obtain customer sign-off
- Write and implement custom tests.
- Provide sales technical support.
- Provide project engineering technical support.
- Help desk consultation.
- Develop and present training.
- Travel required.
- Other tasks as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent* Master's degree
preferred.* 3-5+ years related experience required.* Experience in
test automation equipment preferred.* Understanding of
instrumentation and electrical processes* Experience related to
testing methods and applications* Able to read and understand
electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.* Background in
electrification (battery /eMotor / eAxle), testing or power
electronics* Strong software adaption and modification skills
preferred* Must possess excellent written and oral communication
skills.* Thorough knowledge of PC operations, structure, MS
Windows, and computer networking required.
Keywords: AVL, Detroit , Application Engineer II, Engineering , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!