Instrumentation Support Engineer
Company: ICONMA, LLC
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- The Instrumentation Service group is looking for a
self-motivated engineer who will be responsible for providing
technical leadership in the repair, upgrade and calibration of
dynamometer test systems, instrumentation, and controls to support
128 conventional and electrified (BEV, BSG, ESS, HEV, PHEV, REEV)
powertrain test cells.
- The Instrumentation Engineer will direct others in the repair
and modification of test equipment to maximize facility run time
and provide technical knowledge and guidance to technicians as they
repair and troubleshoot issues in the field.
- Performing workforce management, providing customer interface,
contributing to the operational efficiency goals of the
instrumentation group, and leading the installation of new and
modified test cells, particularly those installations involving
hybrid propulsion and electrified propulsion testing equipment.
- In addition, the Instrumentation Support Engineer will be
required to work effectively with all levels of management, union
represented employees, hardware and software engineers and
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in
Electrical/Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited
- Experience in troubleshooting test equipment and problem
analysis including root cause analysis.
- Experience in AC & DC dynamometers systems, test cell
instrumentation and test/control systems support.
- Experience with PLC systems including ladder logic and hardware
- Experience with Battery Emulators and their application in
eMotor and EDM (Electronic Drive Module) testing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage
multiple jobs and projects simultaneously.
- Motivated self-starter with good oral and written communication
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable ability to lead technical personnel to achieve
timely and effective completion of assignments.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
from an ABET accredited university.
- 2+ years of experience with AC & DC motor/drive systems,
control systems, computers, PLC, data acquisition systems,
- 2+ years of engine test support with an emphasis on test cell
instrumentation & facility systems.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and defining equipment
- 2+ years of experience with the installation of new and
modified test cells, particularly those installations involving new
dynamometers and their controls.
- In depth knowledge of Battery Emulators and Electric Vehicle
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: ICONMA, LLC, Detroit , Instrumentation Support Engineer, Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!