Company: Detroit Engineered Products
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Non-Destructive Evaluation Lab Engineer
- The candidate will be performing laboratory testing of
materials on a daily basis.
- This will include metallography, chemistry, mechanical
properties, and non-destructive evaluation.
- The candidate should have a strong basis of the fundamentals of
material science & engineering
- Enjoy working in a laboratory environment and working with
- Knowledge of steel, cast iron, aluminum, plastics, and
composites are essential.
- An understanding of processes such as heat treatment, casting,
welding, and injection molding and the effects on the properties on
materials are also essential.
- The candidate must have a background in metallographic
techniques, with the ability to interpret microstructures of cast
iron, cast aluminum, and steel. Preferred requirements:
- Level III certification in Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic
Particle Testing, and Radiographic Testing.
- The Radiographic experience should include experience in
digital radiography with some exposure to computed tomography
- The candidate should also have level II certification in Visual
Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing, and Acoustic
- The candidate would have a BS in Material Science and
Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in Non-Destructive Testing in the fields of
Radiography, Magnetic Particle Inspection, Liquid Penetrant
Inspection, Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing, Resonant
- B.S. or advanced degree in Mechanical, Material Science &
Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering from an ABET Accredited
- 0 to 5 years of experience working in a materials engineering
lab performing metallography, scanning electron Microscopy,
mechanical properties testing
- The candidate must understand how to use a metallography,
perform image analysis, and understand how to etch different
materials and interpret microstructures.
- The candidate should have American Society of Non-Destructive
Testing (ASNT) certification as a Level II in Liquid Penetrant
Testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection, and Radiographic
- The Radiographic testing should include experience in digital
- The minimum educational requirement is an associate degree in
Non-Destructive Testing Technology, Materials Science, Metallurgy,
or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
Keywords: Detroit Engineered Products, Detroit , Materials Engineer, Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...