Product Engineer - Chassis Bearings
Company: Advantage Technical
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The chassis bearing engineer is responsible for the vehicle hub
and bearing component design, development, and engineering release
for OEM production vehicles. This role takes part in development of
vehicle functional objectives down to the component level, acquires
ownership of those objectives. Responsibilities to include:
- Works with Advanced Team on upfront development of chassis axle
and braking system architectures to position and package the
bearing assembly to assure correct position and loading.
- Participates in the wheel bearing commodity strategy with an
international OEM team, to develop capable suppliers and
- Leads a small team of x-regional engineers to develop wheel
bearings for OEM branded vehicles.
- Owns hub and wheel bolt sizing (bolt specification and circle
pattern size) and will perform the calculation using the parametric
- Participates in development of the axle system with the
suspension and brake teams.
- Works directly with the OEM CAE department to complete wheel
joint analysis to confirm clamping capability to preclude slip or
- Moves forward with project ownership and executes engineering
deliverables per Project Management KPI (Key Process Indicators)
and time line.
- Responsibilities include component design/development/package,
management of DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report) for each
component, engineering change management, engineering bill of
material, support of prototype build using component build
matrices, issues management via OEM GIMS system, CAD model
management in OEM TeamCenter system, fastener design and assembly
torque development. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- If a recent college graduate, 3.0 GPA minimum
- 5 years of bearing engineering design and development
- Demonstration of automobile interest (automobile hobby, college
project)Demonstration of passion to work in the automotive
Keywords: Advantage Technical, Detroit , Product Engineer - Chassis Bearings, Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...