Control Board (CB) Design Release Engineer (DRE)
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Zobility, an RGBSI brand, is proud to be the primary partner to
top companies in the mobility, high-technology, automotive,
aerospace & defense, media & entertainment, energy, and finance
industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are
looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with
these leading companies.
- As the Control Board Engineering Design & Release Engineer
(DRE) you will have responsibility for company's control board
product development and verification for electric vehicle platforms
which may include mHEV, HEV, PHEV and BEV.
- The Engineer must be a strong systems-focused team player with
interdisciplinary experience/expertise, and willing to work in a
The DRE responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with technical subject matter experts to develop cost
effective and reliable control boards using cutting edge
technologies, simulation tools, and test and evaluation
- Participate in Power Inverter Module (PIM) Control Board
sourcing activities, including.
- Development of source packages.
- Conducting supplier technical review meetings.
- Providing engineering assessment of each supplier's
- Develop power electronic controller DVP&R and all required
verification testing to ensure achievement of all functional
objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
- Procure components for various internal development
- Execute Change Notices for all design changes.
- Interface with the extended development team to integrate the
control board within the PIM and Electronic Drive Module
- Support creating Component Specifications from vehicle, system
and software requirements including requirements for Durability,
Warranty, Safety and Performance at component level.
- Participate in supplier assessments working closely with
technical subject matter experts.
- Work with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to
ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact
function, and are manufacturable without defect.
- Participate in post-test inspection reviews including detailed
failure analysis, and recommend changes to product specifications
- Track progress of component development, verification, and
production both internally and externally.
- Assist Issue Resolution and tracking at Technical, Program,
Production and Financial levels.
- Assist reporting progress and status of component development
at various team level meetings.
- 3+ years experience or MS degree in electronics design and
- Ability to read/interpret Circuit Schematics, Worst Case
analysis, layout drawings.
- Knowledgeable in development of DFMEA, DVP&R, and
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface professionally with key customers,
cross-functional teams and all levels of
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities, one's own time while
being mindful of deadlines.
- Must be task oriented, detail oriented, and accurate with
- MS degree in Electrical, Computer or equivalent Engineering
- 5+ years of DRE experience, preferably in Power
- Knowledge of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and
- Awareness of Power Electronics, Simulation Tools, and Motor
Control Software Methodologies
- Hands on experience with design, release and manufacturing of
critical Inverter Systems for Automotive application
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, or equivalent Engineering
Additional Must Haves:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience using basic electrical engineering instrumentation
(oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.)
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- 3+ years' Experience
- Location: CTC - 50% onsite
- Driving required
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, AD&D,
tuition reimbursement, and more. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success, let's talk.
Please visit to learn more.
Zobility is RGBSI's workforce management and staffing division.
RGBSI is a multi-national corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, and India.
Keywords: Zobility, Detroit , Control Board (CB) Design Release Engineer (DRE), Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...