Product Engineer II
Company: Purem Novi, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Objective of the Position: This position designs, validates and
ensures designs are manufactured, cost effective and meets all
internal and external targets. This acts as a point of contact with
customer engineering, thus coordinating customer specifications,
design, testing and prototype activities. Also leads the product
development team for program assigned to including
CAD/CAE/Validation and interface with cross functional ENA teams to
fulfill Gate requirements and Program Development cycles.
The position incumbent ensures, that
- Approval of prototype content variation
- Approve supplier and plant deviations
- Checking and release of math models and drawings
- Coordinate development process with customer engineering
- Creation and management of design workload on program
- Creation and release of prototype work orders
- Decisions in RFQ' phase regarding design and BOM content at an
appropriate level of fidelity and risk to support RFQ quoting
- Design decisions during development phase in regards to
functional objectives and target setting
- General and design detailed decisions that impact cost, weight,
manufacturing and function of the components, subsystems and
- Maintain key development APQP documents
- Manage ED&D work per program budget
- Manage test scheduling and part delivery with customer
- Prioritize design work within assigned project
- Provide engineering feedback to other ENA departments on
- Responsible over final release of technical drawings and math
models Secondary Accountabilities:
The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf
of, Eberspaecher within the limits of applicable local, state, and
federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and
corporate Eberspaecher Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows
all ENA polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to
improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirement Profile:
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum five years' experience in engineering role working for
a manufacturing supplier preferably automotive. Exhaust experience
- Prior experience with heat transfer and fluid dynamics
- Proven APQP, GD&T, DFMEA and drawing release
- Product design leadership through a minimum of two complete
concept to launch cycles
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be
proficient in Microsoft Office. Technical Expertise:
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports, statements and
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations,
including calculations, percentages, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos, and write simple correspondence.
- Analytical- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects
and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement
data; Designs work flows and procedures
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of
- Knowledge of continuous improvement of products for
- Knowledge of engineering fundaments, mechanical systems,
automotive systems, and exhaust systems.
- Project Management- Develops project plans; Coordinates
projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on
time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strives to continuously improve expertise, knowledge and
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level or work being performed by employees, and are not
constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Further, they do not
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at
the discretion of Eberspaecher North America, Inc.
Keywords: Purem Novi, Inc., Detroit , Product Engineer II, Engineering , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...