Mobile Service Mechanic
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Must reside within a 20-mile radius of Detroit, Michigan
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm.
On call until 6:00pm, works every other weekend 7:00am-4:00pm
The Mobile Service Mechanic maintains a fleet of Home Depot-owned
rental equipment, by conducting routine visits to Home Depot stores
and customer job sites within their market. These mechanics are
responsible for performing maintenance and repairs on light rental
construction equipment, with an emphasis on preventive maintenance.
They may also order needed parts, respond to service calls, and at
times assist with equipment deliveries and pickups. This position
reports directly to the next-level manager for their region.
The Mobile Service Mechanic is also referred to as a Mobile Service
- 10% Communication - Trains Home Depot store associates and
customers in the proper operation of the equipment and large
equipment operating procedures. Adhere to all safety requirements
particular to equipment including Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- 40% Compliance: Safety & Department of Transportation -
Maintain Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) certifications.
Maintains accurate parts inventory in vehicle or shop location.
Maintains accurate fleet inventory and transfers equipment between
locations. Maintains vehicle compliance to company, federal and
drivers standards of performance Deploys new equipment to store
locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and
training store associates on the operation of the equipment.
- 50% Maintenance - Responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental
equipment at a set of store locations or customer job sites, with a
particular emphasis on preventive maintenance.
- Receives direction from in their region in planning and
aligning short-term and long-term goals.
- Makes routine store visits to perform inspections and
preventive maintenance on all units at each store
- Inspects equipment for rental readiness, safe operation, and
store appearance standards.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Respond to service calls and orders parts needed for equipment
maintenance and repairs.
- Utilizes company technology platform to document all work
performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Assists with equipment deliveries and pick-ups as
- Performs other tasks assigned by the leader.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This Position typically reports to Regional Field Operations
- This Position has 0 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as
dust, fumes or odors.
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must meet DOT medical
certification requirements. Working conditions include significant
physical demands such as lifting from the waist, lifting from the
shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling
underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, and reaching
and stretching. The environment will require repetitive hand,
wrist, and arm movements. Occasionally, employees will be required
to work at heights.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and
resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- One or more years of experience servicing construction
equipment (preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, minor
- Light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or
skills including small engines and hydraulics
- Ability to read and understand technical repair and parts
manuals for equipment, including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical,
and other components.
- Experience, ability, and desire to provide superior customer
- Valid driver's license
- Familiarity with inventory management
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop,
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types
and all levels of associates
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including
weather, traffic, and others
- Strong work ethic
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Manages Conflict
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Detroit , Mobile Service Mechanic, Engineering , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!