Senior Project Engineer - Drivability and Emissions Calibration
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: February 12, 2024
The Engine, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Powertrains group is seeking a
Senior Project Engineer with specialization in drivability and
emissions calibration. This Senior Project Engineer position is an
opportunity for the right candidate to experience state-of-the-art
powertrain technology and get involved in a wide range of
development tasks that move application solutions from concept to
As a Senior Project Engineer specializing in the development of
both conventional and hybrid powertrains, you will be responsible
for leading testing, validation and certification activities
performed primarily in-vehicle or on chassis dyno, with support on
engine dynamometer on an as needed basis.
- Lead the preparation of test articles to meet program needs
including the setup and validation of instrumentation and data
- Plan, coordinate and execute testing on chassis dynamometer or
in application to support program objectives.
- Analyze and interpret test results to guide future testing
- Calibration and validation of electronic control unit
parameters to satisfy program drivability and/or emissions
- Conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while
meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing
expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Summarize findings and prepare presentations/reports for
internal and customer review.
- Manage customer hardware and project component inventory and
- May involve work onsite at customer facilities, vehicle test
trips to support ongoing development programs.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering,
Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in engine, vehicle and/or powertrain
- Vehicle drivability or emissions calibration experience.
- An in-depth understanding of conventional and hybrid powertrain
components and their functionality.
- Experienced in powertrain/vehicle testing, calibration, data
acquisition, analysis and reporting
- Experienced in engine and powertrain diagnostics.
- Understanding of base engine, aftertreatment and/or hybrid
electronic control system strategies, knowledge on software logic
implementation and control system functionality
- Demonstrated ability to execute testing/calibration projects
and provide feedback and technical reports to customers, peers and
- Demonstrated teamwork, analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to travel in support of vehicle calibration development
- Experience using commercially available calibration and
development tools (i.e., ETAS INCA, ATI Vision, Vector
- Professional communication skills (oral and written
- Must be a motivated team player to perform in fast paced
- Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of control strategies employed on Bosch and/or GPEC
- Programming skills (Excel/Visual Basic, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with Drivability evaluation tools (MATLAB based
tools, AVL Drive etc.)
- Experience in performing limit handling of vehicles, different
terrain driving, performance driving in test tracks, driving as
- Hold a commercial driver's license
- Ability to work in extreme climate environments to support
vehicle test trips
- Strong understanding of US emission regulations and
certification test procedures for Gas, Diesel and/or Hybrid
- Understanding of US OBD regulations and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with engine and vehicle hardware (engine
assembly/rebuilding, vehicle maintenance, etc.)
- US citizen or Permanent Residence a plus
Keywords: TRG, Detroit , Senior Project Engineer - Drivability and Emissions Calibration, Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!