Construction Engineering Lead
Company: Beam, Longest and Neff, L.L.C.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Senior Project Manager / Construction Department Head Beam, Longest & Neff, LLC (BLN), is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the United States. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering design, environmental, construction observation, program and construction management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies. We provide services for transportation, bridges, site development, environmental services, water/wastewater engineering and right of way engineering and services. Description: Beam, Longest and Neff, LLC is seeking applicants for a Senior Project Manager / Construction Engineering Lead position within our rapidly expanding Wixom, Michigan office. The primary duties of this position will include development and management of all construction engineering activities within Michigan and management/administration of MDOT or Local Agency road and bridge construction projects. Tasks/Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of construction engineering team and management of all Michigan construction engineering activities.
- Management and administration of MDOT and/or Local Agency road and bridge construction projects.
- Organization and coordination of project meetings with team members and various project stakeholders.
- Recruitment and mentoring of construction inspection and project administration staff.
- Daily oversight of construction engineering team, including assigning tasks, reviewing work product, and generating performance appraisals.
- Resolution of complex technical and/or contractual project related issues.
- Assisting senior management staff with identifying and pursuing construction engineering opportunities.
- Assisting senior management staff with implementation of client development and marketing strategies among existing and prospective clients.
- Developing and monitoring project budgets, including regular reporting to senior management staff.
- Monitor subconsultant progress and performance, including review and approval of vendor invoices. Qualifications:
- B.S. in civil engineering or related field.
- Licensed P.E. in State of Michigan.
- 8+ years of MDOT construction project management experience.
- Experienced in leading a team of construction inspection and administrative personnel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiar with MDOT project administration and documentation requirements.
- Proficient with use of Field Manager and ProjectWise software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, motivated and self-starting, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record. Benefit Information: In exchange for bringing your skills to our team, we offer a very generous compensation package in addition to an array of benefits, including:
- Complete Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Generous 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program including Vacation and Holidays
- Education Assistance Program An affirmative action participant EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: Beam, Longest and Neff, L.L.C., Detroit , Construction Engineering Lead, Engineering , Wixom, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!