Company: "A CareerBuilder Company"
Posted on: May 19, 2019
\"A CareerBuilder Company\" is seeking Project Engineer for their
facility in Saline, MI.
The Project Engineer / Resident Engineer provides on-site
engineering support to the manufacturing facilities to improve
efficiencies and product quality for current production programs
and launching programs, serving as a liaison between corporate
engineering, manufacturing and our customers.
- Develop, optimize and improve the design, cost and tooling of
- Provide technical expertise to allow for efficient response and
resolution of design related issues.
- Communicate product engineering-related issues experienced in
the plant facilities.
- Develop DVPs and coordinate required testing to validate
- Participate in problem solving and problem reduction for all
customer warranty issues; assist with design correction issues and
- Drive cost-reducing and productivity-enhancing activities,
including reduction of scrap and downtime, increased ergonomic
safety, updating cell layouts, and supporting the Design for
Assembly (DFA) concepts.
- Interface with OEM customers, represent Engineering and/or
Sales teams on the plant floor, and report all commercial issues.
- Three (3) or more years' experience in molding, production, and
research and development environment.
- Experience leading cost savings and performance improvement
initiatives through within the manufacturing environment
- Strong Automotive experience Preferred Requirements
- Ability to regularly stand or walk for long periods.
- Ability to travel (air and ground)
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and
occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to vibration, repetitive motion, bending,
lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing and/or
- Ability to endure heat.
- Ability to control emotions under various levels of pressures,
stress, and fast paced activities Associated topics: business, cost
efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods
engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
Keywords: "A CareerBuilder Company", Detroit , Project Engineer, Engineering , Saline, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!