Sr. Hardware Engineer
Company: PRA USA
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Sr. Hardware Engineer Troy, MIJob Summary of the Sr. Hardware
Engineer:A Sr. Level Hardware Engineer with Automotive Electronics
design experience is required to play a key role in the development
of the circuitry/ schematics for battery management and related
electrical systems for one of our clients in Michigan. This is a
market leader in EV, HEV, and electrification technology. In this
role you will be responsible for the development of the Battery
Management System for their automotive and non-automotive clients.
This is an opportunity to create new industry technologies with a
company that gives you the support you need to get the job done.
They offer top-shelf benefits and an executive team that is
approachable and responsive to the needs of their engineers.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Hardware Engineer:
- Circuit design and analysis for the BMS and develop Automotive
embedded Microprocessor control circuit
- Develop circuitry/ schematics and for battery management and
related electrical systems.
- Work on PCB layouts for the Battery Management System (BMS) and
follow the standard automotive product development processes; APQP,
DFMEA, Design Review
- Mentor junior-level engineers on effectively working through
the entire development life-cycle.
- Provide support in selection and specification of electrical
and electronics components
- Develop and execute test plans for verifying electrical
hardware and support the Quality and Reliability efforts (DFMEA,
Robustness Assessments, Key-Life Testing) relative to E/E hardware
design and manufacturing
- Review documentation (BOM's, lists, schematics, diagrams,
sketches, drawings, procedures and notes), supplier documentation
and/or data sheets for design feasibility and alternative
- Work with purchasing to resolve component procurement
processes. Provide direct advisory support of purchasing
operations. Conduct, coordinate, and track EE hardware root cause
failure analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Formally release work products (specifications, designs) into
use, including appropriate internal and customer-specific sign-off
and release steps.
- Perform Technical Design Reviews with customers. TDRs will be
expected at the Concept, Detailed Design, and Production Sign-off
stages. Qualifications of the Sr. Hardware Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Computer
- 6+ years of experience in circuit-level electronics design and
release of control modules for automotive or truck systems
- Experience with major automotive microprocessor families such
as Freescale, Intel, TI/National and schematics capture tools.
- Knowledge of PCB layout and related design rules for automotive
- Experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines such as FMEA,
- Experience with automotive or commercial truck OEM product
release processes including Engineering Release, PPAP and PSW will
be strongly preferred
- Knowledge of network and diagnostics such as CAN, GMLAN, LIN,
RS323, J1939, ODBII
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers is
- Ability to work independently on a development team is
- Experience with high voltage and current (DC) electrical design
such as interfacing to inverter circuits or using FET's and IGBT's
for PWM is a plus
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262) experience is desired
Compensation of the Sr. Hardware Engineer:Salary Range:
$105000-$120000/Year, aligned with the experience
Type: DirectLocation: Troy, MITravel: Occasional to Europe and
AsiaRelocation Assistance: Subject to reviewVisa sponsorship: No.
Only US Citizen or Green Card HolderKnowledge of the following
areas will be helpful - Electrical, electronics, Hardware, Battery,
BMS, Microprocessor, embedded, control, circuit, circuitry,
schematics, APQP, DFMEA, PCB, BOM, diagrams, sketches, drawings,
procedure, TDR, Production, DFMEA, "Key-Life, test, validation,
CAN, GMLAN, LIN, RS323, J1939, ODBII, FMEA, 8D, APQP, Freescale,
Intel, PPAP, PSW, DC, FET, IGBT, PWM, "Functional Safety", "ISO
Keywords: PRA USA, Detroit , Sr. Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!