Sr Project Manager Engineer
Company: TE Connectivity
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from
diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable
and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
TE Connectivity s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross
functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management,
Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across
TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer
expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating
project schedules, portfolio management, communication and
execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working
with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
As a Project Manager Engineer, you will be responsible for managing
New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering projects. You
will be accountable for leading the projects to a successful
conclusion and ensuring that each meet the targets set in terms of
Design Requirements, Opex, Capex and Timeline.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the
* Act as the \\"General Manager\\" for the project to ensure that
all technical requirements are met.
* Capable to run multiple projects at the same time.
* Define, Scope-Out and Initiate the project. Understand and
identify all internal and external requirements
* Plan the project work to meet objectives. Work with functional
managers to ensure resources are available.
* Create and lead the project team. Ensure that the project team is
prepared for Gate / Interim Gate Reviews.
* Execute the project plan to meet milestones, timelines, KPIs and
the Project Charter. Identify and proactively overcome barriers and
* Monitor and Control. Track, review, and regulate the progress and
performance of the project. Proactively prevent delays to the
schedule or budget overruns.
* Actively identify & manage risks/liabilities associated with the
* Completion. Ensure finalization of all activities across the
project team and Stakeholders to formally close the project or
Key Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
* University Degree (BS or MS in Mechanical or
Electrical/Electronic Engineering) .
* Demonstrated experience in New Product Development and
Engineering assignments, e.g. electrical components,
* Wireless industry knowledge is a preferred.
* Five - eight years of relevant professional experience in Project
Management or Engineering Discipline.
* Solid understanding of agile development methodology and the
ability to deploy in NPD projects.
* Strong and thorough knowledge of technical tools specific to
Project Management, as well as knowledge on general engineering
tools. Experienced MS Project user.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Culturally sensitive.
* Strong ability to set goals and motivate team members.
* Able to work within a cross functional team to maintain schedule
throughout a project.
* Ability to drive projects with external organizations and
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and
manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and
connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and
sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled
advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical
technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000
employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside
customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY
CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn,
Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to
our associates includes offering benefit programs that are
comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a
balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are
company-paid, while others are available through associate
contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Detroit , Sr Project Manager Engineer, Engineering , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!