Embedded Controls Engineer
Company: Little Caesars
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Who We Want:
System thinkers - people who are able to understand how different
parts of a system work together and can figure out how to optimize
Curious learners - engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and
information to expand and enhance our team' ability to craft
automation and embedded control systems.
Collaborative partners- people who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best
As a member of the Automation and Process Innovation team, you will
innovate new processes and develop new concepts including the
support automation. You will employ both new technologies and
processes to either create totally new ways of doing business or to
make improvements to the current business. Projects are
multidisciplinary in nature and range from simple to complex. They
typically involve the development and application of automation
systems spanning mechanical, electrical, and software engineering.
Projects are cross-functional within the organization and often
involve collaborating with technology supply partners. You will
operate in this role with minimal supervision or guidance.
You will be located in our brand-new Global Resource Center (GRC)
that has the latest office technology along with an employee
fitness center, work cafe, and outdoor grill. The API team has both
a lab and a model shop in the GRC where we can build and test our
An example of a project recently deployed across the U.S. is the
Reserve-N-Ready-- system with the Pizza Portal--. This
customer-facing automation enables customers to place mobile orders
for custom pizzas and then to pick them up in the self-serve,
heated Pizza Portal using a 3 digit unlock code.
- Develop robotic and automation systems.
- Design and implement embedded software and control systems.
- Document work as needed such as requirements, design
specifications, project plans, test plans, and test results).
- Assist with field testing activities. Collect test data,
perform customer research and gather operational feedback. Observe
and document test results. Draw conclusions from results to develop
and evaluate design solutions and alternatives. Make
recommendations to senior leadership.
- Work in and observe on a periodic basis, company stores to gain
an understanding of the existing store processes and technology.
This will entail use of operational understanding to identify
improvement opportunities such as, concepts for automation, process
simplification, reduction of labor cost or waste.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Computer,
Mechanical, or Mechatronic Systems).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Experience with the design and implementation of embedded
software and control systems.
- Experience with mechatronic systems development associated with
robotics, automated machinery, laboratory systems, test systems, or
manufacturing systems, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand, implement
customer/user needs and develop both market and design
- High level of verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to articulate technical ideas and solutions to a wide
variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work in both a team and individual capacity
with limited supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams for small to medium complexity
Preferred Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
- Advanced engineering degree.
- More than eight (8) years of product and/or systems design
- Designing application programming interfaces and network
- Designing electrical, logic, and safety systems design for
- Application of machine learning and artificial
Keywords: Little Caesars, Detroit , Embedded Controls Engineer, Engineering , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!