Regional Lean Manager
Company: Martinrea International Inc.
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionMartinrea is a diversified global automotive
supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of
metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management
systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000
skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and
technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil,
Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages
world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and
high-quality products.Our Mission is to make people's lives better
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job
security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our
stakeholders.Our strength is our peopleWe invite you to follow your
dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at
Martinrea.Job Summary: Leadership role to monitor, support and
improve capacity, operation, and people development of the Press
Departments in multiple plants. Candidate will manage Press Shop
Kaizen Leader representatives from multiple plants.Essential
- Visit plants regularly
- Lead and teach capacity planning at plants
- Lead and teach performance improvement through use of Jishukens
- Lead, teach, and promote use of accepted formal problem-solving
- Manage multi-plant die movement or launch projects through
representatives at each site
- Implement and support lean transformations
- Provide leadership, mentoring, training, and development to
Press Shop Kaizen Leader representatives
- Track performance KPIs and report on progress of projects
- Present project A3's and reflections. Teach others to do so as
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the
following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems,
Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee
HandbookRequired Education and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent stamping plant work
- Minimum 5 years of stamping plant floor experience
- Understanding of automotive OEMs and Tier-1/2 stamping
- Demonstrated experience leading organizations
- Lean manufacturing experience (Quick Die Change, SPM
improvement, Problem Solving, Plant Layouts, Material flow, 5S,
Lineside boards) with capability to lead a lean transformation
- Project management experience
- Floor oriented
- Strong computer skills, Organizational skills, and ability to
handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to teach or train othersWork Environment:
- 60% Plant Floor (PPE Required); 40% Office Physical Demands:
- Travel 85%Benefits:
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Short term and long term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Keywords: Martinrea International Inc., Detroit , Regional Lean Manager, Executive , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!