Manufacturing Manager-1st Shift
Company: Spark Talent Inc
Location: Madison Heights
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Manufacturing ManagerReports to:
Operations Manager Responsibilities Summary: The Manufacturing
Manager is to direct the activities of assigned departments and
execute the daily production schedule ensuring all jobs flow out of
the department on schedule. The individual is to ensure all assets
are employed properly, facilitating effective utilization of assets
and to economize resources while enforcing process guidelines and
other internal controls to effectively achieve operational goals
and quality standards. Communication is key with other departments
and the manufacturing team to achieve operational systems,
processes and policies in support of the organization's mission.
Essential Job Functions: The following list of duties are
considered key factors that facilitate maximum machine utilization.
- Develop and sustain a high-performance manufacturing team,
through hiring, training, coaching, establishing SMART goals,
evaluations and re-evaluations as warranted.
- Responsible for safety of self and the manufacturing team.
- Ensure team competencies and capabilities are documented,
reviewed and evaluations are conducted to reach business goals and
- Promote training, cross-training, and skills development of
employees to enhance work force flexibility.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, approved time entries,
time-off requests, ensure the accurate monitoring, recording, and
reporting of data.
- Monitor employee efficiency reports. Then implement continual
improvement efforts, as necessary. Machines:
- Coordinate with the Facility Systems Specialist the resources
necessary to ensure machine shop equipment are working properly,
regularly serviced and maintenance records are documented.
- Working with the Facility Systems Specialist, study unplanned
maintenance events to strengthen a preventive maintenance
- Provide direction and input related to capital planning,
equipment replacement and new manufacturing technologies.
- Partner with the Programming Department to develop highly
efficient machining processes and practices.
- Develop production plans to ensure production efficiency and
quality output expectations are met.
- Review production plans and expectations with operator at
- Establish alternative solutions for manufacturing flexibility
to avert bottleneck situations.
- Evaluate reasons for spindle down time during production runs.
Implement plans to eliminate constraints.
- Conduct APQP to reduce costs while improving quality and
- Work with tooling and machine vendors, develop new machining
methods and techniques with focus on improving part cost, product
quality and cycle time reduction.
- Implement Tool Life studies to minimize tooling expenditures.
- Organization – Using 5S methodologies, implement and maintain
an organized facility and individual work areas.
- Safety - Maintain a safe working environment ensuring all
company procedures are followed.
- Communication – Ensure organizational goals, schedules,
information, and individual standing is clearly communicated with
all department personnel.Competencies:
- High level of initiative, energy, and motivation to develop and
grow in a team environment.
- Employee development through planning, training, and
- Leadership experience and strong technical acumen within
machine processes and tooling.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals at all levels
of the organization to achieve positive operational results. 5.
Organizational skills, initiative, and ability to handle multiple
priorities and tasks.
- Strong problem-solving & follow-through ability.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Work Environment The performance of this position requires exposure
to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal
protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and
mandatory hearing protection. Physical Demands While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and
hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 4:00pm.
Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required as job duties
demand. Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day,
although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, and technical
college degree preferred.
- 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing
- Able to read text and blueprints as well as drafting symbols
and geometric tolerance symbols.
- Extensive machining experience including programing, CNC
machine operation, advance tool use skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems that integrate with CNC
Keywords: Spark Talent Inc, Detroit , Manufacturing Manager-1st Shift, Executive , Madison Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!