Product Manager - Cost and Change Management
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Bosch our products and services are
designed to spark enthusiasm, improve quality of life, and help
conserve natural resources. We want to deliver top quality and
reliability. In short: we want to create technology that is
Invented for life.With its extensive technical expertise, Bosch
develops smart mobility solutions in the areas of hardware,
software, and services. Within the Chassis Controls Division we
design and develop state-of-the art safety solutions for passenger
cars and light trucks.Active safety systems recognize hazardous
driving situations and guide the vehicle dynamics in a targeted
manner to restore the stability of the vehicle. If an accident is
unavoidable, passive safety systems provide protection for vehicle
occupants as well as pedestrians and reduce the risk of injury. Our
competence lies in the networking of active and passive safety
systems, and thereby we realize new dimensions in safety, comfort
and agility.Job DescriptionRole Description:Cost reduction product
lead enabled by technical expertise and product knowledge to
support development and implementation of CC-NA Ratio Product
Planning (RPP) strategy.Scope & Responsibilities
- Leads RPP initiatives w/in CC-NA product areas & product
- Analyze product material cost targets w/in product portfolio,
across plants, to define focus areas which will secure EBIT.
- Construct and maintain a comprehensive cost reduction project
overview for specific product groups in North America (NA).
- Lead and Support workshops within local and international Cross
Functional Teams (i.e. ENG, MfG, PUR,etc) at manufacturing plants
and engineering sites.
- Strong product background to support Design-for-Cost & Design
for Manufacturing (DfM) reviews w/in Cross Functional Teams (CFTs)
across CC product portfolio.
- Support evaluation of cost saving measures via feasibility
studies and business case calculations (i.e. Total Cost of
- Support value streams with implementation of defined measures
from ideation phase thru start of production.
- Support Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) while considering
cost, lead-time and customer implementation scenarios.
- Support analysis and evaluation of financial results on a
monthly basis and report out to product area owners.
- Ensures timely reporting of KPIs to local and international
leadership teams (i.e. A3, funnel diagrams, Bridge Charts,
- Share best practices across products and regions while driving
CIP initiatives to ensure lean and effective RPP process.Travel
Expectation: Travel as needed, to lead and support cost reduction
workshops. (domestic and international)QualificationsBasic
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in automotive industry
(i.e. engineering, project management, product management,
- 2+ years of full product life cycle experience. Preferred
- Self-driven, high energy and proactive with strong motivational
skills who can lead teams toward a common goal.
- Previous experience leading cross-functional teams with ability
to quickly build internal networks.
- Individual must have ability to make independent decisions that
may be of a complex nature.
- High attention to detail, on-time delivery and excellent
- Ability to learn and understand product technical requirements,
including drawings and specifications.
- Business management knowledge (marketing, sales, controlling,
cost-benefit calculation) & visualization of features.
- German and/or Spanish language skills.
Keywords: Bosch, Detroit , Product Manager - Cost and Change Management, Executive , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!