Associate Product Design Manager - Lucasfilm & Marvel Hardlines
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Lucasfilm & Marvel are iconic brands which resonate with wide
audiences. Be part of the magic in a creative role designing a vast
amount of products such as puzzles, playsets, games and collectible
figures. The Associate Product Design Manager - Hardlines is a
necessary contributing member of the Lucasfilm & Marvel Product
Design Team, and reports to (2) Product Design Manager(s). We are
looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about
product design -with the creative and technical skills to work
towards designs that inspire, surprise and engage
- Partner with the brand merchant to create unique, one-of-a-kind
Hard Lines merchandise, from concept stage through to final
- Work with diverse teams partnering with internal partners
(Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Sourcing, Global Product
Design teams, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product
Integrity, D&I teams and Cultural Consultants,) and external
partners (Studios, WDI, Licensees, and more) to design and approve
- Work with internal partners to ensure the execution of our
product meets and exceeds our brand standards.
- Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to
generational-collectors, spanning multiple demographics, with both
domestic and global trends and cultures in mind.
- Rapidly create potential solutions and convey initial creative
ideas and concepts; use sketches, mockups, and POV boards while
always looking for new trends, monitoring competitors, product
innovation, market dynamics and pushing the development of our
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design partners to
partner reviews to 1:1s.
- Prep mechanical files for factory production including all
necessary specifications for proper execution.
- Take ownership in presentation development for multiple
internal creative reviews, manage and keep archival art files up to
date and accurate through development process.
- Communicate with external vendors to set and sustain high
design standards for our brands and partners in the management of
creative projects from initial concept to final execution.
- Advise external vendors to establish consistency across
multiple brands and multiple projects and touchpoints - while
ensuring high-quality output is delivered to brief.
- Give feedback to external vendors when they present design
concepts and timelines to in-house creative team, while ensuring
creative development and delivery are in consideration of brand
needs, taking design lead of development providing art direction,
character overlays, color accuracy notes to vendors.Basic
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience developing creative and design assets backed by a
strong portfolio; demonstrable art direction, concept development
and campaign implementation.
- Advanced knowledge in graphic design tools Adobe Photoshop and
Adobe Illustrator experience.
- Strong layout, composition, design skills
- Intermediate illustration and character design skills
- Knowledge of all of The Walt Disney Company brands
- Pursue excellence with integrity as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, highly-creative, proactive, being trusted to take
ownership within a defined area
- Preferred Qualifications :
- Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Microsoft
- 3D Modeling experiencePreferred Education:Bachelor's
degreeAdditional Information:This role is located in Kissimmee, FL
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your
best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational
opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at About Us:The Parks,
Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel
and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in
the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a
popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided
family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products
operations include the world's leading licensing business across
toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's
largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the
world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.The Walt Disney
Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a
leading diversified international family entertainment and media
enterprise with the following business segments: media networks,
parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and
interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in
the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry
today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class
stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's
stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from
every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40
countries, our employees and cast members work together to create
entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally
cherished.This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.,
Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks,
Experiences and Products.Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a
business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us
grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a
rapidly changing world.
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Detroit , Associate Product Design Manager - Lucasfilm & Marvel Hardlines, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!