Assistant Deli Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Assistant Deli Manager FULL-TIME $14.50/hr Responsible for the
receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and
refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is
packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of
the job is manual labor. Essential Functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Deli Supervisor (if
applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and
merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of
all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of deli products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath. DTW-04 WS-04 Schedule Shift start: 6:00AM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours 5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Bachelor s Degree or high school
diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer
serviceAbility to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical
procedures.Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from managers, clients, and general publicAbility to
calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest,
proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.Effective oral and
written communication skills.High level of interpersonal skills to
handle sensitive and confidential situation and
documentation.Computer Literacy About Restaurant Depot Restaurant
Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice
Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings,
selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying
independent food businesses with quality products from large cash
and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading
low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating
the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of
independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, back end, bakery
manager, floor manager, front end, general operations manager,
kitchen manager, operations, restaurant leader, store manager
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Detroit , Assistant Deli Manager, Executive , Ypsilanti, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!