Company: Continental Services
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Starbucks Manager is primarily responsible for business
development and people leadership within their assigned account.
This includes ensuring all production and service is executed in
accordance with company standards, and that customer needs are met
if not exceeded on a consistent basis.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
_Culinary and Service Excellence_
* Lead the successful execution of food preparation and client
service for assigned locations. Anticipate client needs, uphold
quality expectations, and embrace service standards.
* Be a catalyst for continuous improvement. Review team
performance, identify opportunities and implement change.
Standardize operating procedures and maintain site-level
* Step in as a working manager, leading by example. Plan, organize,
direct, coordinate, and delegate responsibility to ensure goals and
objectives are met on a daily basis.
* Maintain culinary quality control at all times. Create and
maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure food is
properly prepared, packaged and served in a way that is appealing
while upholding the integrity of the recipes.
* Actively engage in the selection, training, development, and
leadership of the team. Regularly coach, direct and evaluate
talent. Provide recognition to team members excelling in their
work. Provide open, honest and timely coaching as needed. Identify
knowledge gaps and partner with appropriate parties to implement
training and performance plans.
* Optimize the workforce. Ensure each shift is properly staffed and
responsibilities are completed. Oversee timelines for set up,
production and breakdown. Assign team members in such a way that
will maximize their strengths, enhance team performance, and
achieve results. Monitor overtime and meet identified labor
* Implement and maintain effective communication to ensure clear
and timely flow of information to and from team members. This will
include, but is not limited to: drafting messages, creating memos,
holding conversations, conducting training, pre-shift meetings,
* Monitor and maintain proper levels of inventory for all food and
* Ensure proper rotation and efficient stocking.
* Plan for proper break down and utilization of leftover items.
* Maintain awareness of shortages and alter ingredients as needed
to ensure timely schedules without compromising product
* Make sure the kitchen and the surrounding areas are kept clean
* All tables and food preparation areas must be clean and
* Make sure the staff keeps the floors clean during the shift, and
at the end of the shift.
* Ensure trash is properly taken care of on a timely basis.
* Manage workflow through the facility to be effective and
* Handle office building maintenance requests and ensure outside
perimeter is maintained.
_Other (Non-Essential) Duties and Responsibilities: _
* Additional projects and assignments as needed.
* Provide leadership as a working manager at events.
* Develop training programs and materials for the staff.
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
* Average number of reports: 5-12
* Participates in the interview, selection and assessment of
* Sets performance expectations, work hours and manages delegation
* Makes hiring, firing, and promotional decisions.
* Provides coaching, training, and development opportunities.
* Resolves employee concerns, escalated issues, and grievances.
*Job Requirements: *
* Bachelors Degree in culinary or hospitality. Equivalent work
experience in the industry acceptable.
* Five or more years culinary experience required, large kitchen
* Prior management experience strongly preferred.
* Prefers Starbucks supervisor experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Vision insurance
* Coffee shop
* Day shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Warren, MI 48093: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Continental Services, Detroit , Starbucks Manager, Executive , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!