Manager, Compensation and Benefits
Company: Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transport
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Title: Manager of Compensation and Benefits*
*Office: Human Resources*
*Section: Compensation and Benefits*
Under general supervision, the Manager of Compensation and Benefits
administers wage, salary, benefit and pension programs of the
Authority. Responsible for the preparation, analysis and evaluation
of all job classifications. Oversees the Human Resources Management
System (HRMS), data and reporting systems.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Supervises compensation and benefits administration activities
for the Authority. Provides guidance and assistance on
administrative problems brought by staff.
* Conducts job analyses, writes job descriptions and recommends
appropriate pay rates for existing and new positions.
* Oversees the daily operation of the Human Resources Management
System (HRMS), including processing employee data, producing ad-hoc
reports, collaborating with IT department to resolve issues and
ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
* Oversees the Human Resources file maintenance systems including
hard copy and electronic employee files.
* Supervises or prepares employee statistical and data reports as
* Administers the Authority's non-represented employee performance
appraisal system and merit pay program.
* Ensures that probationary performance evaluations are completed
for non-represented, AFSCME, ATU-Clerical and Teamster-Clerical
bargaining unit employees.
* Evaluates Authority employee benefit plans and recommends
modifications as necessary. Coordinates or assists in the
implementation of employee benefit programs.
* Administers all pension programs of the Authority, including the
MERS predecessor company plans and deferred compensation plans.
* Updates and maintains the Personnel Policy and Procedures
* Ensures that Authority benefit plans are in compliance with
Federal and State statutes (i.e. COBRA, FMLA, etc.).
* Oversees the preparation and distribution of organization
* Reviews job requisitions for compliance with approved budget
* Supervises the reproduction of employee files related to subpoena
and Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests.
* Prepares annual budget for Compensation and Benefits section of
the Human Resources Department.
* Oversees Retiree Prescription Reimbursement Program.
* Oversees the administration of Employee Access ID Badge process
and related procedures.
* Supervises, conducts and responds to pay and benefit surveys to
ensure appropriate salary relationships and competitive benefit
* Disseminates wage and benefit information to employees as
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public
Administration, or related field.
* Six years of progressive experience in compensation and benefit
* A combination of education and experience may be substituted for
* Knowledge of Federal/State laws regarding employee benefits,
pension plans and compensation administration.
* Knowledge of HRMS software applications and products, ADP
* Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate appropriately.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
* Proficient in the use of Windows-based word processing and
*THE AUTHORITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE OR CHANGE THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $81,242.00 - $90,847.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Detroit, MI 48226%58047475%
Keywords: Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transport, Detroit , Manager, Compensation and Benefits, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!