Chef / Kitchen Manager - Paradies Lagard-re - Detroit Metro Airport
Company: Paradies Lagard--re
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Head Chef exhibits culinary talent by personally performing
tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all
food-related functions. Works to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction while maximizing financial performance in all
areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas
to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct
reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds cooperative relationships with national and local
market-prepared food vendors.
- Develop strategic alliances based on innovation and product
- Negotiate pricing, vendor programs, delivery, and payment terms
for prepared food products.
- Facilitate mutually beneficial agreements around promotional
opportunities and support.
- Be first to market in new products, innovation, and points of
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance tastings and evaluations to
ensure recipe adherence, food quality, and consistency.
- Launch/expand successfully prepared food product lines and
implement successful exit strategies for unproductive
- Completes all required reports, logs, and culinary
- Led, contribute to, and execute parts of the culinary strategic
plan for the division.
- Launch line reviews in support of customer and seasonal
- Leverage fact-based decision-making to drive growth and
- Orientates new cooks within their respective areas, core
culinary standards, and established food programs.
- Provides leadership to culinary team members and kitchen
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified
for kitchen and food servers.
- Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and
- Attend management meetings and other administrative
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staff and
provides coaching and mentoring.
- Assists with training, coaching and development of culinary
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. perform essential job
functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder,
and walking long distances
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in an
environment with varying temperatures
- English (Required)
- Work authorization (Required)
- Prior experience managing in a union environment
- Current ServSafe Food Manager's Certification (obtain and
maintain within six months of hire/promotion)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years' experience in culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years'
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
- 5 year(s): Culinary, food and beverage, or related professional
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability
to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Paradies Lagard--re, Detroit , Chef / Kitchen Manager - Paradies Lagard-re - Detroit Metro Airport, Executive , Ypsilanti, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!