Supply Chain Director
Company: START of Auburn Hills, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
BASIC FUNCTION:Manages and directs the supply chain team and the
overall activities and efforts in the supply chain process:
planning, purchasing, inventory, logistics and product distribution
to ensure material flow and support for the manufacturing process
in a timely and cost-effective manner.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan and track material and product and supplier
sourcing strategies to meet the corporate quality and cost
objectives for new and existing products.
- Develop and direct procedures, methods, systems, and controls
to ensure proper quality standards are met and maintained in Supply
Chain and Distribution
- Drive supplier selection activities to evaluate capabilities
related to quality, cost, timeliness, and overall service and audit
- Lead the supply chain budgeting process. Responsible for
tracking and reporting actual performance compared to budget and
projections on regular basis.
- Participate in new product development to ensure supply chain
and distribution plans are developed and implemented prior to
manufacturing initiation on schedule.
- Lead the process improvement activities and initiatives in
Supply Chain and Distribution departments to ensure lean,
efficient, timely and cost-efficient delivery of materials and
services in the plant.
- Coordinate and drive supplier improvement programs to maximize
value and ensure conformance to our specifications related to
quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing inventory control processes,
materials requirements planning, and cycle count programs and
reporting on regular basis.
- Responsible for trending, tracking, and reporting issues to
- Forecast supply vulnerabilities, propose and execute approved
plans to ensure continuity of supply.
- Remain current on ISO standards and supply chain and
distribution best practices through publications, seminars,
conferences, and related trade shows SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain an effective department through the
selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and
review of direct staff.
- Build a team capable of carrying out day-to-day operations and
future initiatives to meet corporate objectives
- Conduct annual performance appraisals in accordance with
- Complete department payroll and track employee attendance,
absenteeism, and tardiness.
- Provide guidance, direction, clear and concise expectations to
- Assist the individual team member's professional
- Ensure staff is properly trained and meet all QMS
- Develop and maintain sound employee relations.
- Ensure the fair and ethical treatment of employees while
enforcing company policies and procedures, as well as any
applicable federal, state, and/or local requirements. PREFERRED
- Negotiation Superior analytical skills
- Interpersonal Skills Organization
- Oral Communication Skills Planning
- Written Communication Skills Project Management
- Technical Communication Problem Solving
- Blue Print Reading Time Management
- Computer Literacy Leadership Skills
- Coordination Skills Professionalism
- Global Purchasing
- Global Distribution EDUCATION/TRAINING:Bachelor's Degree
required, in related field preferred.CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES AND
- Some travel required; minimal overnight travel
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Supply Chain Management in a
- Prior experience in leading supplier negotiations, materials
management, and purchasing.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of Global Supply Chain experience.
- Prior supervisory skills required.
Keywords: START of Auburn Hills, Inc., Detroit , Supply Chain Director, Executive , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!