Director, Real Estate Transfer Tax
Company: Ryan, LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Director, Real Estate Transfer Tax will play an instrumental
role in the development of the Real Estate Transfer Tax section of
the Property Tax Consulting Practice. The Director will plan,
coordinate, and perform national tax research, including the
management of staff, on client service projects under the direction
of Engagement Principals. The Director will make taxability
determinations and formulate opinions regarding tax ramifications
to real estate transfer transactions.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key
* Develops and motivates engagement staff and provides leadership,
counseling, and career guidance.
* Reviews and approves work performed by others.
* Creates a positive team member experience.
* Manages staff.
* Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax
* Travels to client locations, as needed, for planning meetings,
data collection, fact gathering, plant tours, client visits, and
other travel as required.
* Assists in new client development and introduces new services to
* Oversees tax planning projects for real estate transfer tax
engagements for national clients, which includes project planning,
project oversight, scheduling staff resources, and developing and
implementing solutions and related documentation.
* Writes technical documents to support the developed planning or
in response to client requests on specific issues.
* Prepares memoranda and relevant reports for senior management's
* Maintains effective and efficient communication with state and
local tax agencies, SMEs, and other stakeholders through written
and verbal channels.
* Researches and analyzes multistate real estate transfer tax
* Analyzes industry-specific tax requirements and exemptions.
* Plans and develops comprehensive tax documentation and methods
using advanced technology.
* Researches multistate taxability through various sources,
including legal online databases and the Internet.
* Analyzes and documents current, multistate tax laws and law
* Makes taxability determinations and formulates opinions regarding
tax ramifications to complex transactions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or Juris Doctor degree in related field required
with at least ten years prior experience in a tax consulting firm
or corporate tax environment required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of Internet and
research software is required. The individual will also need a
strong working knowledge of tax research tools such as CCH and
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required. Admission to a State Bar or
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred.
The individual is required to perform moderate supervisory
responsibilities, which may include training employees, assigning
work, verifying work accuracy and completeness, and preparing goals
* Standard indoor working environment.
* Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
* Position requires regular interaction with employees both in
person and via e-mail and telephone.
* Independent travel requirement: potential for 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: Ryan, LLC, Detroit , Director, Real Estate Transfer Tax, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!