Area Manager 2
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for driving sales growth within an assigned territory
with National Retail channel customers. Build relationships with
in-store customer personnel and management to maximize Kellogg
brand position and visibility within store. Provide input to Sales
Leadership & Marketing regarding competitive market intelligence,
customer trends, and perceived opportunities. Lead in-store
execution both through personal efforts, as well as through each
territory's team of Advocates and Merchandisers during the
Essential Duties Include, but are not Limited to:
- Grow overall territory sales by increasing POS in a manner
consistent with the Kellogg culture and values.
- Maintain store presentation standards through building,
maintaining, cleaning, and stocking displays and home
- Accountable for Key Results as assigned by Director of Field
- Represent Kellogg to customer base within territory, furthering
corporate relationships in accordance with Kellogg culture.
- Through use of POS and other daily inventory reports, monitor
inventory levels and communicate discrepancies to Regional Manager,
Account Manager, and Director of Field Sales in a timely
- Work in collaboration with store management and Kellogg account
manager to submit approved orders for stores with low inventory
levels. All orders must comply with company shipment and customer
- Work closely with store management to ensure accuracy of
physical on hand inventory. Inventory counts must be conducted at
every store visit.
- At minimum, meet quarterly with key decision makers in your
territory to establish solid relationships including but not
limited to "District Managers, Garden Captains, and Regional
- Train and manage customer service groups to ensure Kellogg
servicing expectations are being met. Immediately communicate
issues with Regional Manager.
- Execute with excellence:
- Ensure customer planograms are set to established standards by
utilizing customer systems and tools and focusing on products of
all brands supplied by Kellogg.
- With store personnel, collaboratively pursue additional display
opportunities based on rate of sale and location relevance that
make sense for the customer, consumer, and Kellogg.
- Prioritize store weekly and monthly visits based on effective
route management as assigned by Regional Manager.
- Pro-active and holistic customer inventory management at levels
and in a manner that is a win for the customer, consumer, and
- Execute corporately negotiated product promotions at store
level, driving incremental visibility at store level and making
sure all products pricing and merchandising is accurate.
- Pro-actively pursue product knowledge training with store
associates of all levels to ensure a high level of understanding
and ability to accurately sell company's products.
- Lead the annual hiring, training, & managing of the territory's
Advocates & Merchandisers in season and within budget.
- Lead resolution of any customer or consumer issues with
- Work with other AM's collaboratively to improve key customer
relationships and achieve overall objectives set by the Regional
- Professionally represent Kellogg at consumer and industry trade
shows as requested.
- Provide guidance to company Marketing efforts in the
development of Merchandising Tools, Promotions, and Product
portfolio by providing marketplace-focused input to Marketing and
- Provide weekly marketplace insights regarding territory
achievements and challenges, competitive activities, key customer
events, and product trends via weekly recaps.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the company's
sustainability initiatives and policies.
- Serve as a representative of Kellogg in the community,
participating in industry-related and sustainability events to help
shape consumer and customer perceptions of the company.
- Full compliance and enforcement of company sponsored retail
tracking software for the following positions: Area Managers,
Advocates and Merchandisers
- Performs other duties as requested.
- 2+ Years within Lawn and Garden or home improvement industry,
with strong understanding of Home Depot and Lowe's at store
- Up to 50% overnight travel that includes:
- Customer or industry events
- Mandatory semi-annual attendance and participation in Corporate
- Territories in other markets outside of assigned territory
- Must be proficient in Excel using pivot tables
- Must be able to lift and stock heavy objects weighing 50lbs or
more and use pallet jacks moving pallets weighing 3000lbs or
- Strong fit with core Kellogg corporate values
- This is a virtual position, located within the assigned
Keywords: Kellogg, Detroit , Area Manager 2, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!