Automation Team Manager
Company: Nikon Metrology Inc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
AUTOMATION TEAM MANAGER PURPOSE: Nikon Metrology is seeking a
highly motivated Automation Team Manager who encompasses
successfully managing, overseeing and supporting the functions for
advancing and implementing new automation technologies of the
automation team. WHY NIKON METROLOGY? You'd be joining a global
company and becoming part of the future, giving you the opportunity
to enter a career where you can help to shape and define
innovation. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Display familiarity with a variety of field concepts,
practices, and procedures.
- Interface with factory software and hardware engineers
regarding product updates, software bugs, and improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in key automation processes.
- Manage automation projects and project team.
- Provide excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Leverage lean principles to drive the design and execution of
processes and equipment layout to improve overall equipment
- Build organizational competency in automation, and ensure
step-level changes towards delivering overall business
- Research and identify new practices in processes or improvement
- Drive collaboration of cross functional groups, ensuring proper
communications channels across all required groups.
- Oversee all designs and drawing of equipment and system
configurations. ANCILLARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiarity with industry 4.0 utilizing PLC, MES/SCADA, sensors
and industrial networks.
- Develop strong relationships with key strategic customers
across all business units.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities while working on
- Manage working with the different teams in various departments
simultaneously. QUALIFICATIONS: ESSENTIAL
- 8+ years' experience working with automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering-Automation, Process Control,
Mechanical or Computer Science.
- Experience in Polyworks.
- Experience in Metrology acquisition and point cloud analysis
- Experience with robotic equipment and controls.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of PLC, HMI
- CAD experience, interpreting specifications, reading
blueprints, manufacturers' manuals, sketches or similar
- Strong organizational skills to optimize project costs, scope
and schedules. DESIRABLE
- Knowledge of stamping, welding and product assembly.
- Understanding of the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
- Experience with Manufacturing principles of Lean, Six Sigma,
- Knowledge of ROI process and development of tools to help
- Create and manage project approval documentation. WORKING
- 40% travel domestic and international.
- Occasional weekend and evening work, as needed.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. HOW WE TAKE CARE OF OUR
TEAM CULTURE SPIRIT
- Work as a Team, Act as a Family! We believe in bringing our
team members together in a diverse and friendly company atmosphere
to celebrate and socialize to inspire each other and keep our
community strong and close inside and out of the office. PERSONAL
- We want you to grow with us and be the best version of
yourself, which is why we offer competitive compensation,
training/advancement opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
AMAZING MEDICAl BENEFITS & PERKS
- We'll take care of you with industry leading medical, dental,
vision plans and many more benefits that allow us and you to
continue to be AMAZING! As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or
she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed
Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active
duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred
collectively as "protected veterans". #LI-AS2 #LI-Onsite
Keywords: Nikon Metrology Inc, Detroit , Automation Team Manager, Executive , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...