Manager Patient Services ER Days FT
Company: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Posted on: November 17, 2023
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in
surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and
innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has
established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric
surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular
services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Reporting to Nursing leadership for the hospital site, as assigned,
and with/through subordinate personnel, assumes management
responsibility for a single major (or multiple smaller) function,
service or process that provides business support to Nursing
- The position may also be used for managers responsible 24/7 for
multiple (2 or more) similar/smaller Nursing units in the
department of Nursing who may report to a Director, Administrative
Director or Executive Director at the site.
- The position is medium in scope or impact with less than 50 FTE
direct/indirect-reports on multiple Nursing units; or with
responsibility for a single major Nursing operational support
function; or with multiple Nursing operational support
responsibilities that diversify the role and expand the impact on
the organization at the site level.
- Direct-reports may include Clinical Managers and/or high-level
professional/administrative exempt and Nursing supervisory
- The Manager Patient Services positions with patient care
accountability, plan, implement and evaluate processes related to
performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management,
staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated
units/services and in collaboration with senior leadership and
- Ensure that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated,
implemented and monitored.
- Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to plan,
implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and
DMC objectives. Model customer service excellence.
- The Manager Patient Services positions with responsibility for
providing business support to Nursing operations, identify the need
for departmental policy development and/or revision and define
policy in collaboration with higher-level management input and
- Oversee the development and/or revision of departmental
procedures/protocols; secure approvals, as necessary.
- Develop, monitor and revise processes.
- May provide input into the development and revision of
departmental organizational design and/or monitor the quality and
quantity of overall workflow. Initiate or recommend personnel
actions such as hires, fires and disciplines for area(s)
- Complete performance appraisals.
- Develop and assess performance of daily, monthly and/or yearly
goals and measures for assigned area(s). As requested, assist in
long-range goal development for the department and assessment of
- Assist in developing and monitoring budget for designated
single or multiple, closely-related fields, areas or processes.
Model customer service excellence.
COMPLIANCE STATEMENT Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's
Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal
and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and
internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure
compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements,
and DMC policies and procedures.
1. Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required. Master's degree preferred.
If Masters prepared, either bachelors or masters must be in
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of
3. Three years of progressive Nursing experience.
Managers and Directors
DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
2305002168Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital, Detroit , Manager Patient Services ER Days FT, Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!