Sales Manager - (Hotels, Tourism, CVB, Corporate Market)
Company: Visit Detroit
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Position PurposeResponsible for promoting metro Detroit as a
destination for meetings, events, and other activities representing
groups from 10-199 rooms on peak primarily within the corporate
group market segment, by soliciting sales accounts. This position
serves as the sales development for all convention meetings and
events within an assigned market segments. It requires one on one
selling on sales trips, trade shows, bid presentation, sites and
FAMS. This position is accountable for the achievement of all
critical success measures as defined by Visit Detroit's company
mission and specific sales goals.BenefitsVisit Detroit offers a
selection of benefits designed with our employees' health and
well-being in mind. We review our benefit programs each year to
ensure we consider the best combination on benefit coverage,
network access and affordability for employees. In addition to
health and welfare benefits, we have 11 paid company holidays per
year, plus 1 floating holiday and opportunities to earn additional
time off by referring new employees. Paid Time Off allotment for
new hires (sick, personal and vacation combined) is 17 days per
year. This is prorated based on full months projected to work in
the calendar year. We also provide up to 4 percent 401 (k) matching
contributions after a minimum 6-month waiting period, 100% vesting
upon entry. We also pay for parking in a covered parking structure
across the street.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in hotel, restaurant hospitality or marketing
- Six to ten years hotel (200 rooms or more), industry, and/or
convention bureau sales experience.
- Certified Meeting Planner/Professional (CMP)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or
- Working knowledge of local and national corporate
- 2-4 years of convention bureau, hotel and/or industry sales
- Sales experience working with third parties (Conference Direct,
Helms Briscoe & Experient/Martitz, etc.).
- Frequent overnight travel may be required for presentations,
FAMS, sites, and attendance at trade shows.
- Highly motivated, independent team player able to work in
hybrid work environment. Major Job Dimensions:
- Accomplish sales goals that will lead to the success of the
overall sales and marketing efforts. Develops bid presentations and
manages site visits to ensure the highest level of exposure for
- Effectively develops new corporate business for the entire
metro Detroit area.
- Manages assigned market segments with emphasis on corporate and
an aggressive sales solicitation program keeping the area sales
database updated on a regular basis while generating new leads and
group business for metro Detroit.
- Ensures marketing support and involvement in Visit Detroit
trade show initiatives while adhering to proper reporting
procedures for pre and post sales trips, FAMS, conventions, trade
shows and special events.
- Serves as an integral member of the meetings and convention
sales department, attending scheduled meetings and playing an
active role in the annual marketing plan by contributing marketing
ideas, assist in the implementation of sales initiative to fulfill
Visit Detroit's strategic mission to develop a competitive group
- Develop effective relationship with local contacts, Visit
Detroit member/partners and stakeholders to maximize relationships
resulting in a successful sales effort while maintaining a high
level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the specific budget areas
that are assigned to produce the highest level of return with every
dollar spent by the company and its stakeholders.
- Fully proficient in CRM, the sales manager is required to
adhere to all tracking and input requirements, including tracking
all sales calls, prospecting calls, site visits, sales trips, and
- Effectively meet goals while working from a home office and
adhering to the Visit Detroit telecommuting policy and hybrid work
policy. Additional Responsibilities:
- Represent Visit Detroit at trade shows and other industry
- Be active in industry associations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all member facilities,
attractions, and services available to customers planning meetings
in the metro Detroit area.
- Participate in special events hosted by Visit Detroit as it
pertains to sales accounts and market segments.
- Coordinate with the Customer/Partner Services department to
effectively serve groups booked by Visit Detroit.
- Complete and submit, on a timely basis, appropriate reports
assigned by the Vice President, Group/Convention Sales.
- Work cooperatively with other Visit Detroit personnel and
- Work within an established budget for specific trade shows or
events. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Intensity, integrity, enthusiasm, and tenacity.
- Ability to adapt, approach and demeanor in real time to match
the shifting demands of different situations.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak in front of
groups of all sizes.
- Honest and conscientious of others.
- Ability to travel, work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to assess quality business.
- Committed to selling the entire metro Detroit area as a viable
- Strong people skills with ability to facilitate and bring
- Strong team and service orientation.
- Good product and key competition knowledge.
- Ability to make sales trips, attend tradeshows, and conduct
- Creative in developing sales opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Valid, unrestricted driver's license. CORPORATE SALES MANAGER -
DETAILED JOB PROFILE ATTACHEDKey Words:Hotel SalesCorporate
MarketCVB SalesSales ManagerCorporate GroupGroup & Convention Sales
MeetingsCorporate group market segmentConvention
MeetingsEventsSales tripsTrade showsBid presentationSite visits
FAMSFamiliarization Tour Sales goals Bid presentations Leads Group
business ConventionsSpecial events.Manage budget CRMSales
CallsProspecting callsSales tripsSite inspections.Hospitality
Certified Meeting Planner/Professional CMPCvent
Keywords: Visit Detroit, Detroit , Sales Manager - (Hotels, Tourism, CVB, Corporate Market), Executive , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!